SPARK MAGNIFIER!!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
minotaur

another member from germany PM'd me today and after a disussion said he had a 'french spark magnifier' which intrigued me so after a couple of questions i received this, i think it's of great interest

ftp://downloads.scootentole.org/uemgntu ... nifier.jpg

http://www.germanscooterforum.de/Techni ... 79421.html

...so, anyone else heard of this :idea: :idea: :ugeek:
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Looks interesting and an easy mod to do but for now I'll hold off till it's merits are proven..
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
minotaur

i think it has been used across europe for 12 mths with no negative feedback other than the odd faulty unit!

i know it works in conjuction with agusto etc. and like the agusto if it fails everything stops so it is a case of unclip and go back to original set up

i'm useless with electrics but there's a few clever bar stewards on here who will know a thing or two i'm sure
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

used to build our own in the 1960's :shock:

Cut HT lead
screw a small screw into each cut end
push one end into a piece of petrol pipe
push the other end into pipe and leave a clear gap of approx 1/8 inch

Voila! A spark enhancer (which made starting more difficult and made no difference- despite what the old bloke down the Motorcycle shop said!!)

Perhaps this "improved" version will

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
soulsurfer

Don't have the time to read through all the guff, but if they're not using this on the race track then I wouldn't bother ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
J1MS

It's a fix that works, especially on a failing points coil ignition.
firekdp

J1MS wrote:It's a fix that works, especially on a failing points coil ignition.
I wouldn't have thought that it would work at all on a points system, as there is no output from the ignition coil except for one pos pulse, therefore the voltage doubling capacitor would never receive a charge.
leigh

That looks interesting, anyone a member of the forum cant say i could make one, but would buy and try.
minotaur

i am going to try one and if you scroll thru the 10 pages on the german forum they tell you how to make one, but for 25 euros inc european delivery i'll pay

i sent an email to the maker and received this quick reply.....

First of all, to clarify, it is a voltage doubler, that makes a stronger spark; not a double spark ;)

As to answer your question, the answer is yes, it will work with both; the electric part of the stator does not matter, what matters is the ignition part.

If interested, please make a (25€ x Nbr) money order on my bank account (Österreich):
firekdp

minotaur wrote:As to answer your question, the answer is yes, it will work with both; the electric part of the stator does not matter, what matters is the ignition part.
Both what?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information