Eibar GP

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Arne

so i bumped (admittedly a bit wasted) into supereibar at the EL last weekend. it seems like this bike we found here in california shouldn't exist. it's a spanish LI albeit with GP panels. the panels are made exactly the way spanish SX panels are made, which makes me believe this is a prototype that never came to fruition.

any thoughts?

inside of panels:

other weird S1/2 internals that hint at pieces thrown together in the factory:

bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

before thinking of bits "thrown together at the factory" I'd be thinking of a "Bitza" made outside of the factory!

Surely Jaime is your man to confirm or deny?

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Arne

the paint matches too well and is definitely original. the panels can't possibly be made from italian or indian GP ones, they must have been made at the factory before the crimping process.
totally scooters
Dealer
Main scooter: Eibar TV Lambretta

Never seen Spanish made GP panels, but you never know. They may of played around with a set. The Spanish obviously went for the GP look with the adoption of clip on Li panels.
However, have you considered that they may be South American produced? I believe that they made GP's in Columbia, as well as Serveta based models. The red colour looks like it could be Auteco.
Hope this helps, thanks Perry (Totally Scooters).
Arne

it clearly say 'Eibar' on the horncast badge.
cheers!
eibarlad

Bitsa- no doubt. It looks like it's an early 70's Spanish 150 front end. The thing that gave it away for me is the Italian petrol tank,toolbox & flywheel cover(GP).Also the rear frame badge doesn't match the rest of the bike. Doesn't matter tho, most of us used to ride scoots like this without thinking they were prototypes.
Arne

so who made the panels, if it's a bitsa?
eibarlad

Viet specials ????? I really don't know.It's an odd one this because it's a bit of this & a bit of that we may never know the real story behind this particular model.
MarkH
Dealer

Just call it a "dealer special" ;)
eibarlad

My details are by the 'viet specials' post but I never sent it....strange.I was at work when it was posted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information