BGM Stator Failures

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

Have there been many duff ones. A mate was telling me that aparently they have been a bit hit and miss and quite a few failing at early stages of use with LT coils going down and not allowing motors to rev out. I've not heard of this happening very often at all, is it a dodgy batch or bullshit?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
shocky

seen 3 all about 1 yr ago and all came from rich Presley who exchanged them no problem
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
stafford

yes got 3 here that dont work out of various bikes
adriang

Got one here wouldn't rev out on an RB250, swapped with an Indian, and all OK. Since had the coil replaced and it's all OK. Was 'on the shelf' for ages, unused, so not appropriate to return.
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Ive had 2 go so far.

One fell to bits all the laminates came of the plate as rivots holding it together went.
It had done 4k and was one of the first batch.

The other from same batch, the pickup went.

But other then this not had any more probs.
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
Bufficus

I've just had the lighting fail on mine. It ranges from zero to a mighty 5 volt output. Probably about 1000 miles old.
I only bought it for the supposedly better power output (120 watt?) and it's ability to run better lights, which turned out to be utter bullshit.

Possibly one of the worst purchases I have made for my Lambrettas and I've made a few. :roll:

I'm putting a reworked SIL unit back on.
gonzo-jetsonslc
Main scooter: Lambretta SX 150

I recently talked to someone at scooter center cologne about some failures I had seen with the bgm 120W lambretta stator plate and it appears that they don't work correctly with the AFR light flywheels, mine works fine with the old Ducati AF Flywheel but the stator plate had to be shimmed. My maghousing was maschined down 2mm to clear the pick up years ago and the gap was now to big for the pick up to send a signal. Also rumors are around that the pick ups now for sale are not as good as they were years ago, I tend to build in original piaggio ones if available.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

For fucks sake I'm not liking this. I've had my 120W BGM stator sat around for a while now and by the time it gets used on the 250 it'll be too late to return if it fails.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
soulsurfer

Bilko wrote:For fucks sake I'm not liking this. I've had my 120W BGM stator sat around for a while now and by the time it gets used on the 250 it'll be too late to return if it fails.
Crap innit.
I'm really surprised at the results of me asking the question, I really thought it was bullshit, now I find they're possibly as crap as the rest of 'em, plus they're not 120 watt either :?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Ian Hepworth

Bilko wrote:For fucks sake I'm not liking this. I've had my 120W BGM stator sat around for a while now and by the time it gets used on the 250 it'll be too late to return if it fails.
BGM offer a 2 year warranty, being a German company they have to.
Less than 4% of stators sold by MB have been returned with problems and all faulty stators have been replaced.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information