Cracking Stainless Rims !!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Had a mates Scooter round last week to fit some new rims as one of the Studs was turning , we changed it from Stainless wide rims to Steel Chrome wide rims under closer inspection we found the following faults where i have marked :shock: :shock:
on one rim (sorry for the quality of the pictures) there were cracks in nearly every area of the rims and the other side was half as bad, one crack as marked has nearly joined from one side to the next could have been very nasty , he also has stainless on the Front (not Wide) and after checking these they seem fine but he is going to change them now .

I just posted thios as a word of warning to people with Stainless split rims (Not Tubeless) the lad canyt remember where he got them from but i think that stud going has saved him from a very nasty accident !!!!

As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
RICSPEED

most dealers wont stock stainless rims for this reason
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

What make are they?
Been running a set front and back for four years now no problems.
oldbiker

Scarry stuff :o
soulsurfer

bazman wrote:What make are they?
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but keep your fingers crossed and maybe, just maybe never, BUT, personally I'd change them as a matter of safety for you and others.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

soulsurfer wrote:
bazman wrote:What make are they?
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but keep your fingers crossed and maybe, just maybe never, BUT, personally I'd change them as a matter of safety for you and others.
:lol: You an evangelical preacher on the religion of lammy rims Mike....(only joking fella ;) )
Looking at the photo's they do seem a tad thinner than my ones , i did hear that they changed the thickness that's when they started having problems, like i say been on for nigh on 4 years AND regularly checked over ( as i seem to do a rear tyre quite often :oops: )
Food for thought though cheers :)
soulsurfer

bazman wrote:You an evangelical preacher on the religion of lammy rims Mike....(only joking fella ;) )
Lambretta Safety And Quality Products Association (LSQPA, Nice ring to it eh?) :lol: ) ;) On a mission to stop us being fobbed off with shite :D
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Horrific!

I know someone personally & was witness to an accident due to stainless rims splitting
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
RICSPEED

there was one featured in scootering where about a quarter of the rim edge had come away whilst been ridden
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information