Cracking Stainless Rims !!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

........ looks rusty too into the bargain. :roll:
Matty

Ask yourselves a question. When was the last time you saw a motorcycle with stainless steel wheels? Exactly.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

bazman wrote:What make are they?
Been running a set front and back for four years now no problems.
Baz dont know the full history been on about a year and a half Front and Back no Stamps on so dont know the make , fitted new rear and got him Front Steel set today from Donny , Cracking Day BTW 8-) 8-) 8-)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Hi mate glad you had a good day nice photo's on lcgb, hope the volcano won't stall ya hols though :shock:
As for rims my ones are indeed the thick type stainless from Sterling i believe, out of all the earlier ones sold Andy's not had any back , and he's run one for coming upto 6years now. Why they changed to different thickness is anyones guess :? But they do tend to be the thin ones that are cracking / splitting . Happy to stick with my ones at the moment .
skidmark

Matty wrote:Ask yourselves a question. When was the last time you saw a motorcycle with stainless steel wheels? Exactly.

Many classic bike owners including myself have had wheels built using stainless rims with no problems for many years now, some trucks also use stainless wheels so if the correct grade and proper manufacturing stainless wheel rims should not be a problem, I have seen a Vespa stainless rim crack after my mate hit a massive pot hole that to be fair would have dented a mild steel rim for sure, the trouble is the quality of a lot of scooter parts coming out of Vietnam in most cases is dire and can be very dangerous, especialy as cowboy manufacturers are copying parts and making them out of shite.
oggy

Great,just fitted a wide ss rim on me chop,was bought from buzz solo,wiil call him monday as not keen now :?
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

I run the thick ScootRS stainless steel split rims on my GP and have had no signs of cracking in over 2 years. I do include their inspection in my service schedule though every 250 miles, since some people appear to have problems. :|
druist

Has anyone know Scootrs ones to crack?

On another note is more stress on the front or back? Hence if i had a ss tubeless and a non ss tubeless which way around should i put them?
soulsurfer

A well known European parts supplier are due to release a ss wheel rim passing all stringent MOT type standards and better. As has been said, it's about correct manufacturing process with the correct material.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information