Western Australia Lambretta

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

Wondering if there are any other forum users based in WA? Perth or surrounds? I'm in the Lambretta Club of Australia but to best of my knowledge all the regional forums are Facebook based and I don't do Facebook. Anyone else out there?
Cav

I'm looking for someone to work on rebuild of an SX200 with all NOS internals. I'm fine with most mechanical work on Lambrettas, but very nervous about doing the crank, seals and bearings as the casings are rare and valuable. Anyone know a good mechanic north of the river (WA will understand). I know there's a good guy south of river and also Ron at Casa WA, but also south of river, the distances are too far. Looking for someone close to Mindarie.
gaz_powell

Crack on yourself with it Cav, there's nothing difficult around the crank, bearings and seals.
Plenty good advice and videos on the Internet.
Cav

gaz_powell wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:51 pm Crack on yourself with it Cav, there's nothing difficult around the crank, bearings and seals.
Plenty good advice and videos on the Internet.
Thanks. I know it's not that hard, but this is a pretty rare engine case with all NOS internals which I bought from Jem Booth. It's not the crank that fazes me, its the bearings and seals. I have seen a one chilled in the freeezer and the case heated up properly, but it dropped in on the skew and was a bit of a nightmare to recover from. Always made me nervous. Just gone into COVID lockdown here so I will give it some thought and prepare myself !!
Cav

I'm a bit of a newbie, only been working on Lambrettas since 1973 😜
Cav

Cav wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:45 am I'm a bit of a newbie, only been working on Lambrettas since 1973 😜
I bet I'm not alone in breaking flywheel fins in the early days, trying to take shortcuts and not using the right tools. :shock:
gaz_powell

Like everything when you doing it regular it becomes 2nd nature. ;)
Yes the right tools are the key.

I've just done my first small frame motor since 88, enjoyed it for a change.
Hadn't done P2 for a while so did one to keep me hand in.
Small block on the bench now...

Lockdown might force your hand.

Good luck
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information