The "Bean Collection", Where are they now?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Silverainbow
Main scooter: Haven't one at the mo

Hello guys this is my first actual post on here, some of you might know me?, My names Tristan, my family had a rather large collection of Lambretta scooters in the late 80's / early nineties, Unfortunately mum & dad went their seperate ways and the collection got sold off, I have managed to trace a few of the machines and know of their current whereabouts but there's still a lot of our machines "at large" so to speak, I'm really keen to find as many as I can so I can share their history with the current owners, how we came across them, the restoration etc, I also have a huge collection of photos from the era featuring the restoration of a lot of the scooters.
I'm really hoping to find the following
NKN 751F Series 3 LI 150, my own personal scooter that started the collection off, was Solid White with red panels and Horncast/with a white flash down the centre.
SKP12H Series 3 LI 150 Special, the Second one in our collection, again Solid White with red panels and Horncast/with a white flash down the centre.
88 WRE or WRE 88, TV175 Series 1, got sold to a gent by the name of Melvyn K.Barfoot from Surrey, what happened to it after that I have no idea, It was rumoured that he removed its engine and fitted a later unit to it, I'm not sure that this is 100% true or not.
There's many other which I'll add at a later date but that's a start for now
Regards
Tristan
Last edited by Silverainbow on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
monument7
Main scooter: Li auto conversion 180

88 WRE or WRE 88, TV175 Series 1, got sold to a gent by the name of Melvyn K.Barfoot from Surrey, what happened to it after that I have no idea, It was rumoured that he stupidly removed its engine and fitted a later unit to it, I'm not sure that this is 100% true or not.

Don't think you are gonna get very far with remarks like this mate whether it's true or not.
Good luck
Silverainbow

Thanks fella, It was such a shame as had many hours of time & effort put into it and was one of the best examples in the country at that time, I'm keeping my fingers X'd that some one may recognise or remember them
Silverainbow

Some photos of the Scooters mentioned above

NKN751F The Series 3 Li150 (The one that started it all off and hence the one id really love to find)

SKP12H Series 3 Li150 Special (The second One, Was found locally in an old fellas Coal Shed)

The Series One TV175 that went To Melvyn K.Barfoot

And a few pics of when it was featured in Scootering Magazine

And a few others that Id like to locate/Catch up with the current owners

My first road legal Scooter Vespa PK50XL (D151MKO), I'd also dearly love to own this again but all my efforts have proved fruitless so far

Some from a Marquee that we filled and hosted at local Steam Fair, Most of the Scooters were ours but some belonged to friends

And a few others

The Jet 200 (YGF65W) Below was also mine at one point, Distinctive colour scheme, I think you'd remember it if you had bought it!

My Gt200 a good many years later after my Dad sold it, Now belongs to a Gent in the Devon area, Im told its going to be used for the classic Milan - Taranto this year

A local newspaper article (July 1989) featuring Mum, Dad & our collection

Im really hoping that some of you out there might happen to recognize some of the above and get in touch!!

Thanks in advance

:D
Last edited by Silverainbow on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Best of luck Tristan.

Chris. We met outside the Turner Centre.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Agree good luck with your search , have you posted this on the LCGB site may be worthwhile ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Silverainbow

Its not posted on there at the moment, I did try and join the LCGB forum at one point but I think you have to be a member of the LCGB itself

8-)
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Silverainbow wrote:Its not posted on there at the moment, I did try and join the LCGB forum at one point but I think you have to be a member of the LCGB itself

8-)
You do.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Excuse me for a moment Admin.

It's a good £20 worth Tristan
Silverainbow

Best I join up then

8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information