Scooter off a cliff...

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

Bit of a late input as it takes a while to get through all the threads. I like the film and watch it every now and again, it's an interesting interpretation of the original album. But I never quite understood why Jimmy didn't have a GS of his own as per the album and the story told therein. I have a very old original early edition of the Quad album and the black and white photos are somehow much more evocative. Jimmy jumping into the sea seems realistic. I often wonder if the script writers had several versions in mind.
gaz_powell

There were three Vespa TS125s (not Rallys) modified by Sterling Scooters for the film.
The remit was to create a GS lookalike.
VCB 160 was obviously not the registration. It was from Vespa Club Britain and it was supposed to be a GS160
The film crew has strict LA instruction to remove the scooter from the bottom so it was not an environmental issue. It wasn't left there.
Two went over the cliff, the first one just hit the deck with no real visual impact. So a second went over with parts very loosely fitted, so it would break up in a more dramatic visual.
You don't need to look to closely to see where the film has been spliced.
Agree about how the original made you think more and was a visual master piece.
I don't think you can compare the two in my opinion as they are so different.
Still arguable one of the best British films every made, but maybe we would say that....
The film and book still fastenates me today. I love the rare film stills and I'm fortunate to know a few who were extras.
Some good books out there
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information