Eric Cope smashes 127mph at Elvington on full-bodied Taylor Tuned Lambretta 250cc

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

That was a great discussion.

I love that you quietly gather masses of (real world) data to calibrate the software, use the software to indicate the required engine characteristics, develop the engine, and then knock it out the park!
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

EddieStone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:41 am
Am I the only one that is amazed to see that at speeds around 100mph it takes an extra 10hp to get another 10mph?
The old Law of diminishing returns :D
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

Avantone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:52 am
That was a great discussion.

I love that you quietly gather masses of (real world) data to calibrate the software, use the software to indicate the required engine characteristics, develop the engine, and then knock it out the park!
Thanks for that comment Tony me and Eric and others who work with us on there scooters also all add to the database of info to push things forward
It's been a constant development since 2013 ish what's crazy is the fix of a new good result sadly lasts about 5 mins before we start thinking of next improvement or tests
Watch this space.....
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:36 am standard casings too...
do you think somewhere, someone is privately having a bit of a chuckle to themselves following the responses from the doubters to the "wasted tuning " article.

ps enjoyed latest carb/ignition/compression video , im now officially in the "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing " camp !!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

wintermod65 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:05 pm do you think somewhere, someone is privately having a bit of a chuckle to themselves following the responses from the doubters to the "wasted tuning " article.
I couldn't possibly comment :lol:

I usually find there are two main types of doubter:

1) I'm unsure/need more info/don't understand/am yet to be convinced...

2) I don't care what you say the earth is flat/you are a w@nk3r/I know better/I do it differently and surely there cannot be more than one way

Group two will never be convinced... :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Adam_Winstone

Not sure that I've seen that latest video... I'll have to have a look.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Adam_Winstone wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 am Not sure that I've seen that latest video... I'll have to have a look.
It's just the basics, you already know all of it and more (but feel free to watch and enjoy - lol).
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Adam_Winstone

^... always nice to keep an eye / ear open for any new snippet that I might pick up. Every day is a school day!

:)
Adam_Winstone

Found it, watched it, learnt that you have a blue lamp... but a really good and important info set that anyone new to building engines should watch and try to understand. You used one word a number of times that says it all, "balance". Yes, you're looking at a number of different elements but the important thing is the relationship between these elements, rather than considering them in isolation, which I think that you got across clearly.

Good vid' :)
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

This needs to be run at the Bonneville Salt flats. https://saltflats.com/

Set a world record, be that guy. :D

We ran open class at Bonneville last year, it's a blast. I ran a RB20 on a cutdown (exploded the crank). Costa Mesa rider on his Monza 230 made 87 mph and there was Utah rider on a full body S2 with a quatrini 210 that hit the mid 70's.

There is at least one person (Geramy) building a Casa case with rotary valve and a few more from California building bikes for Bonneville.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information