Wasted Tuning?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Toddy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:52 am Be interesting to see what other Tuner/Dyno Operators Views are as well on Darrell's results
If only were more forthcoming. Scooterotica forum was founded off the back off Sean and I sharing port maps, porting specs, and general garage shenanigans. Once the dyno took off we were able to also share definitive figures for work done and results achieved, plus how different kits/pipes performed out of the box, etc.

We enjoyed that, but Darrell's work is extraordinary in my opinion. He is relentless in his focussed pursuit of development, and although he does keep a few cheeky secrets for himself, his affinity for sharing large portions of his research and knowledge is amazing. He is not a natural when it comes to writing, so it takes a large effort on his behalf to collate all the results, attach accompanying pictures, and write up in a methodical manner. So it's not just the work he does first to get all these results, it's also the associated work afterward to put all information together.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:08 am
wintermod65 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:58 pm been enjoying the recent series of youtube vids youve posted especially the carb ones , there was some irony in your praise for the humble 30mm dellorto only for your targa to have punctured floats!
Yup, nothing is perfect. :D

Glad you enjoy the videos.
in a twisted way its slightly reassuring that even those in the most exalted positions within scootering suffer the same poor part quality at times just like us humble mortals do ! .

until your carb vids knowing what combination of jets needls atomisers etc to use was completely alien to me , now il at least have the confidence to take a peek inside a carb .
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

wintermod65 wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:08 am
wintermod65 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:58 pm been enjoying the recent series of youtube vids youve posted especially the carb ones , there was some irony in your praise for the humble 30mm dellorto only for your targa to have punctured floats!
Yup, nothing is perfect. :D

Glad you enjoy the videos.
in a twisted way its slightly reassuring that even those in the most exalted positions within scootering suffer the same poor part quality at times just like us humble mortals do ! .

until your carb vids knowing what combination of jets needls atomisers etc to use was completely alien to me , now il at least have the confidence to take a peek inside a carb .
Exalted? Lol. I’m just a spanner monkey who got lucky. The bits I buy fail just like everyone else’s... ImageImage
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information