Oh I've had it.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Just spent the best part of 2 hours trying to change a gear cable-

You know the one. The one at the rear. The one thats hard to reach. The one thats got the seized grub screw. Its also got the rounded off grubscrew......The one where you end up drilling it out.

Thats it- after 51 years I've had it. so if anyone wants to buy an early TV175 S3 its yours for £5k firm. PM me

Chris

p.s. the cable has been renewed.
Scootering since 1968.
scooterslag

I know that feeling Chris, you get a big job like changing a crank which you can fly through and then you get something as simple as getting a exhaust off which can takes bloody ages- joys of lambretta's eh? :) Paul
The mack daddy on the left!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

bristolmod wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:08 pm Just spent the best part of 2 hours trying to change a gear cable-

You know the one. The one at the rear. The one thats hard to reach. The one thats got the seized grub screw. Its also got the rounded off grubscrew......The one where you end up drilling it out.

Thats it- after 51 years I've had it. so if anyone wants to buy an early TV175 S3 its yours for £5k firm. PM me

Chris

p.s. the cable has been renewed.
Did you get it changed?If you did,dont sell it,it only needs changing once a blue moon or if it snaps.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

changed - now ready for someone to take it off my hands. I'm too old and too knackered.
Scootering since 1968.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

bristolmod wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:06 pm changed - now ready for someone to take it off my hands. I'm too old and too knackered.
If you haven't got another scooter,you'll miss it.Nothing to tinker with on these long cold winter nights.By the way I'm 70 in January,messing about with mine keeps the old grey matter going.
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

bristolmod wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:06 pm changed - now ready for someone to take it off my hands. I'm too old and too knackered.
sorry to hear that but I know exactly how you feel ... :roll: I've had it with my 64 Li185 Special too. At 69 I'm too old and knackered to kick the thing over any more. I'm seriously concerned that I am going to end up with a permanently wrecked knee and a limp or worse........ surgery :shock: If it had an electric start I might feel differently but it hasn't so there it is.

The number of times I managed to ride it last year were few and far between. Seemed to spend all my time fettling it last year !
When it ran it was glorious, exhilarating and great fun that put a huge smile across my chubby chase but every time a little problem arose it was a time consuming, frustrating nightmare . At times I wanted to throw it off a cliff .

Not giving up riding though so I'll persevere with my Historic 79 Yamaha XS650 which does have a leccy start and is as reliable as clockwork. :D
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

HxPaul wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:40 am
If you haven't got another scooter,you'll miss it.Nothing to tinker with on these long cold winter nights.By the way I'm 70 in January,messing about with mine keeps the old grey matter going.
70 eh ! the big one . Congratulations and best wishes on your Birthday ...hope you get out for a ride on the day :D
Muttley McLadd

And here starts the decline in values as the market sees in increase in the number up for sale.
CakeAndArseParty
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Muttley McLadd wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:10 am And here starts the decline in values as the market sees in increase in the number up for sale.

I think that's been said a few times before.

Remember there are no more "traditional" scooters being made. This means, with accidents, thefts and an interest from abroad there are less scooters on the UK roads. This should off-set the retiring scooterists and the johnny come lately's who dipped their toe in the water for a couple of years (paid above the going rate and now want to sell).

The market will fluctuate but i don't see a "crash" in the price of Lambrettas and older Vespas.
Muttley McLadd

mick1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:19 am
Remember there are no more "traditional" scooters being made.
Nor traditional scooter riders :lol:
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information