Helmet too big for Primavera under seat space !

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Richnsoul
Main scooter: Vespa Primavera 125

Ive just got my first Scooter , Vespa Primavera 125 (2015 ) which Im buzzing about .. but on an early excursion to the local swimming pool I found that my crash helmet a Medium sized full face Evo LS2 , won't fit in the under seat storage . (The helmet is measuring at about 26cm with circumference of 88cm) Its just marginally too big to see the seat close properly and latch shut . I tried taking the liner bin out and re arranging it but no joy. On that occasion I took the helmet into the leisure centre with me in a holdall.

"Visor Down website 2014 review suggested in A button above the glove box raises the seat to reveal space for even a generously proportioned full-face helmet. "

Does this suggest Ive landed myself with a helmet (bought a day before I got the scooter .. thats above standard size.( I might get away without locking it in some trips as it looks shut but I wouldn't want to risk it. I guess Im looking at getting an Open Face helmet which look to be a bit smaller . Id welcome any suggestions on this and have any other Primavera owners had this issues ?
Rich
scooterslag

Hiya, I've got a old 1999 Vespa ET4 and there's no way I could squeeze my HJC lid under the seat, I think most of those underseat compartments are too small for a full face lid,. Don't compromise your safety by buying a open face lid so you can fit it under the seat. Stick with the full face and maybe pick up a cheap back box off ebay to store it in. Paul
The mack daddy on the left!
Richnsoul
Main scooter: Vespa Primavera 125

Cheers Paul... , I had a chrome rack fitted to the back of the scooter which gives it a retro look but on reflection a storage box would be more practical. Until thats resolved I think your advice on safety first makes sense, even if it means leaving the seat unsecured with the crash helmet in it , Providing Im always within a taxi distance of a Halfords/bike shop to replace it if stolen. .

Rich
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information