Teesside 6 endurance event

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Were you there? One of the biggest experiences of my scootering life! Big thank you to Keith Terry for doing it and allowing us to! Big thank you to Chiselspeed for loaning handlebars to an Irish team of strangers. They kept us running and changed the form in our team from rock bottom to excitement at being able to rejoin the track. Big thank you to all of the other professionals racers who put up with us being clueless on a racetrack and showed great patience. We have a broken shoulder, broken ribs and a scooter that looks like it was run over by a bus but looking forward to the next one!
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

yes mate was one of the teams but one of my riders(Shaun)had an off on the saturday practice so we were the DNS team 240 was watching with envy as the rest of you went round.Will definately be doing it again next time was far better than a scooter rally more fun and as with the BSSO stuff a great bunch of guys to be racing with,Keith done a fantastic job putting that together and has given scooter riding/racing a massive boost roll on next year and hopefully it becomes a series of them.
the man don't give a f@@k
paul d

Bad luck having the off. Did he come off on the 90 degree bend down the back of the track after the short straight and before the uphill chicane? If so we seen it from the pit lane wall. That was a bad off. It silenced us and we were worried for the rider. Hope he’s ok. We were only getting started and it put the fear in us.
GTFOMWSC

paul d wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:34 am Bad luck having the off. Did he come off on the 90 degree bend down the back of the track after the short straight and before the uphill chicane? If so we seen it from the pit lane wall. That was a bad off. It silenced us and we were worried for the rider. Hope he’s ok. We were only getting started and it put the fear in us.
Shaun was 2nd out after Eric he was coming out of the pits it was on the 2nd bend he locked up the front brake sending him over on his left shoulder braking his collar bone and several ribs,i did warn the hospital that we were the first of what might be a few that would be down!.I called it then that we wouldn't race pity really we had a good motor might of done ok.Wasn't bothered about my scoot damage is repairable but Shaun was my main concern,i'm sure we spoke to your man with the sling as we were coming back from the hospital.
paul d

That’s the accident we saw. Put the fear in us. Best get well wishes to Shaun. Hopefully the track will be kinder to us next year.
GTFOMWSC

paul d wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:42 pm That’s the accident we saw. Put the fear in us. Best get well wishes to Shaun. Hopefully the track will be kinder to us next year.
he's out for 6 weeks means won't be doing Cadwell at the end of the month,i already have plans for a different engine,different front end and a couple of other changes for next time(i'll leave the battle scars on it lol). After watching the others who'd been out in europe that knew the way to go i'll build an RB20 for it.
TED CRUD

It was Epic loved from start to finish
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information