Headset rattling/noise

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Dan Buchanan
Main scooter: GP150

Evening, I'm new to this forum lark and on my GP150 I have some headset rattling noise! I have changed the top and bottom fork bearings and there is no play or movement as far as I can see or feel and I have had the headset apart and again, no play, movement etc! I think I've got the locking nut not too tight but this noise is driving crackers! Any advice would be much appreciated

Dan
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

If it rattles when you are stationary you could remove the handlebar top and you may find the problem. If removing the top cures it, it could be the little anti-rattle pads are worn or missing or despite the two screws being tight they do not tighten the top fully. It could be the horn touching the horn casting.
Dan Buchanan
Main scooter: GP150

Afternoon Tractorman, thanks for a reply and that sounds interesting and funnily enough I got some anti vibration pads today as well as a few other bits! But where exactly would the pads go? I'm still new to all this Lambretta malarkey but your help is much appreciated
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Lambretta's rattle .Its just a fact of life :shock:
Lambretta67
Main scooter: Lambretta L.I. 200 special

I have a rattle in my headset & I have tried everything to stop it. Given up now & have learnt to live with it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information