Tyre Choices

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I've recently got hold of some of the new SIP Performance tyres, and I'm looking forward to trying those out. An interesting pattern, and they do well under the fingernail test. :D
stand63
Main scooter: Lambretta / Eibar S2

Keep us posted how you get on with them Doom Patrol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gaz_powell

I've just put a pr of the SIP Performance on the GP, but not ran them yet. They fitted very well and easy to split rims. I've been using scootsmart with no complaints on road holding only the fact they don't last 5 minutes on the TS1 on rally miles.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

ive got sava mitas whitewalls on my winter model seem to handle ok , its back over restorers having trouble shooting and upgrades done they noticed these tyres are deeper than others not sure by how much anyone else noticed this wonder if will affect gearing if noticably different.

i have sava monsums on my tv175 from rim edge to top of tyre measured straight up 65mm approx this is similar to some old tyres that came with my 125 special project bike .
coaster

I used to like the old Swalbe Weathermans as they had a high speed rating but far more importantly had a high load rating but was put off by the blistering problem and their ressponse to it. I next bought Sava Monsum but was amazed at how thin the sidewalls was so decided to fit it to the front and bought a Conti Twist Sport with high load rating for the rear of my Avanti. I got over 2k miles out of that but then Dunlop released the ScootSmart so Ive been using them ever since. The first one got me to ADria in Italy and back loaded up with campinmg gear (2,200 miles) but didn't have muck tread left tbh.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information