Tyre Choices

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I agree with Hotdog, heidenau tyres work great for me. On my second set of mitas on the lambretta. Can't fault them. Better grip in the wet than I was expecting. S83's and S1's have too poor a speed rating for any non standard scooter in my opinion.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

62 mph is fast enough for me on 10 inch wheels.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

HxPaul, you speak the truth! Gobus and city link are 2 companies that run busses on the motorway from our town to Dublin. They hold 100kmh up hill down dale headwind or not. It’s taken us a lifetime to outrun those guys! 100kmh is hard to achieve.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

paul d wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:41 am I agree with Hotdog, Heidenau tyres work great for me.
I've got some K47's fitted to a scooter and I've been surprised how good they are. They look a bit like tractor tyres, but handle really well.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Doom Patrol wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:37 pm
paul d wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:41 am I agree with Hotdog, Heidenau tyres work great for me.
I've got some K47's fitted to a scooter and I've been surprised how good they are. They look a bit like tractor tyres, but handle really well.
I’ve switched from scootsmart over to Heidenau k80sr, similar looking tread but seems a bit better in the wet plus last a lot longer.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I bought a couple of Vee Rubber VRM396 from M&P because they were cheap and I don't mind a bit of slide with the sidecar. But I took the sidecar off for Seahouses rally and forgot about the tyres but they gripped very well in the rain on the way back so I will use them again!
warts
Main scooter: honda

Contis on mine, once scrubbed in (didn't take long) they grip well with no noticeable tracking - I hate that.

I need a replacement tyre for the wheel barrow.
Spending cash on the chinesium ones that rot in a couple of seasons is weeing me off. Any ideas?
Know anyone who has a not too buggered ones. Perhaps those Sava ones everyone took off.
Im in Fenland.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Scooterdude wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am
I’ve switched from scootsmart over to Heidenau k80sr, similar looking tread but seems a bit better in the wet plus last a lot longer.
i was looking for different ones as i'm using scootsmarts on 2 of mine,they've worn pretty quickly imho i've also noticed that they are pretty crap when cold but once warmed up did grip well.They were extremely good in the terrential downpour coming back from IOW and on the way to Llandudno the other year,but wewre very dodgy in damp conditions cold(slid a couple of times).Think i'll try the k80's as i'm due to change the rear one yet again after only 800 miles.
the man don't give a f@@k
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

GTFOMWSC wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm
Scooterdude wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am

i was looking for different ones as i'm using scootsmarts on 2 of mine,they've worn pretty quickly imho i've also noticed that they are pretty crap when cold but once warmed up did grip well.They were extremely good in the terrential downpour coming back from IOW and on the way to Llandudno the other year,but wewre very dodgy in damp conditions cold(slid a couple of times).Think i'll try the k80's as i'm due to change the rear one yet again after only 800 miles.
800 miles ffs, as a comparison I’ve just done just over 1500 miles on a new k80sr and I’d say it’s probably about half worn.
Eean

Anyone tried the Anlas winter ones or Michelin city grip?
Running Conti twists but rear is bald after 3000 miles, good mileage and great in the dry on my series 1 TS1 but shite in the wet I find
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information