Dark Visors - Beware

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
YAMLAM

A mate of mine was pulled by the old bill at the weekend , they gave him an on the spot £50.00 fine as his arai crash hat tinted visor, that is stamped day time use only , failed the "tint test ", it has to let 50% light though.
Surrey`s finest were opuit in numbers catching real criminals it would seem.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
win or lose have a booze
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

To be fair, I got caught out back in 2010 having to ride back from Portsmouth to Merseyside with one at night.

I had to ride visor up the whole way as I literally couldn’t see in the half light or at night.

As you can’t always legislate when you’ll be forced to ride at night, because of breakdowns say, they are dangerous unless you carry a clear one too.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

i have a tinted insert on mine so if i get caught out at night i can remove it and put it back in the next day.I also wear glasses with reactorlight lenses so it can get like riding in dusk all day at times,crap if the suns in your eyes at a low level as it distorts more with a tinted visor.Personally i wouldn't use a fixed tinted visor as i doesn't leave you an alternative but to riding with it up.
the man don't give a f@@k
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I got a sort of reactor light type pinlock on mine I honestly only notice it's there when I flip it up - I had to stop wearing the glasses when riding they went too dark
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I wear an open faced helmet and sunglasses,when it gets to dark to wear sunglasses I take them off and replace them with clear glasses.
Muttley McLadd

It's not that hard to carry an untinted one with you, is it?
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information