BLOA dead?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Burnside wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:28 am
Doom Patrol wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:04 pm
wintermod65 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:10 pm
So you could set yourself up as the "Burnside Lambretta Owners Association "
Not him as well! :o Get the LCGB on him.
I do a nice set of fuzzy felts and I've just started photocopying Lambretta manuals (using work's photocopier of course) to sell at £100 each...compared to toilet roll I think you'll find they will be a bargain
And don't try and tell me you're impecunious. :lol:
vespanic

His address given for the bankruptcy is not the address he claims to be living at on Facebook. It looks to be the Liverpool address he has been using previously
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
On his facebook page he has two pictures of a Lambretta 3 wheelers. Here is one
He says this is another one coming his way.
On eBay recently he sold an army jump suit for nearly £950.
For a while he had a picture of his collection of Lambretta signs, one of which is for sale on eBay at £950.
The links won't work for everyone I don't think
Bankrupt, what do you think?
My work computer has failed yesterday and today so have had time to look around :lol:
Doom Patrol

vespanic wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:25 pm His address given for the bankruptcy is not the address he claims to be living at on Facebook. It looks to be the Liverpool address he has been using previously
On his facebook page he has two pictures of a Lambretta 3 wheelers. Here is one
He says this is another one coming his way.
On eBay recently he sold an army jump suit for nearly £950.
For a while he had a picture of his collection of Lambretta signs, one of which is for sale on eBay at £950.
The links won't work for everyone I don't think
Bankrupt, what do you think?
My work computer has failed yesterday and today so have had time to look around :lol:
Does anyone else smell fish?
Marty ULC
Main scooter: curry burner GP225 mugello

From the Citizens Advice Bureau;

"Top tip
The official receiver has the power to investigate your behaviour before and after the time your bankruptcy order is made. This means you need to be sure you haven’t already done something that would count as a bankruptcy offence before you apply for bankruptcy.

What is a bankruptcy offence?

There are lots of different kinds of bankruptcy offence, but the important thing to know is that they count as a criminal offence. This means that if you commit one, you could be fined or sent to prison.

Examples of bankruptcy offences include:

giving away or selling property that you got on credit in the 12 months before you applied for bankruptcy, at a time when you hadn't paid for the property

lying or failing to mention relevant information about your finances or property in your bankruptcy application, during the bankruptcy interview or any other time you make a statement about your financial situation

hiding details of your property from the bankruptcy trustee

hiding any belongings worth £500 or more, which should be handed over to the official receiver or trustee

giving away or selling property fraudulently during the five years before you were made bankrupt

leaving England or Wales with any belongings of value worth £500 or more and which you are obliged to give to the official receiver or trustee

getting credit of £500 or more without telling the lender about your bankruptcy

carrying on a business under a different name from the one in which you were declared bankrupt without telling everyone you do business the name under which you were made bankrupt

holding certain jobs or positions without the court’s permission, such as a company director

breaking any of the other restrictions that are placed on you during the bankruptcy period

breaking any restrictions that have been placed on you through a bankruptcy restrictions order or bankruptcy restrictions undertaking."
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Just googled BLOA, first thing that comes up is their website with “join now for £10” “ participate in our rallies “ “insurance discounts” bla bla bla, bloody dishonest as you won’t get insurance discounts and there are no rallies I wonder how many existing “members” are renewing? Or is it simply a case of theres no cure for stupid?
Doom Patrol

Surely there can't be that many members anyway? Just a handful of Gavin's mates I would have thought. And of those that were I should think a lot quickly fell by the wayside.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

So does this mean my lifetime membership is invalid?

It seemed really good value at only £5 per month.

There doesn't seem to be a way to cancel the direct debit.

Oh well, the multiple discounts I can get at Woolworths, BHS, maplins etc. Will more than cover that.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Scooterdude wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:43 am Just googled BLOA, first thing that comes up is their website with “join now for £10” “ participate in our rallies “ “insurance discounts” bla bla bla, bloody dishonest as you won’t get insurance discounts and there are no rallies I wonder how many existing “members” are renewing? Or is it simply a case of theres no cure for stupid?

did you notice the "copyright BLOA 2020" at bottom of sites pages
still just can't just let go despite rulings
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Update the copyright but not the 2019 rallies that didn't happen
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

bump
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information