BLOA dead?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

wintermod65 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:10 pm
So you could set yourself up as the "Burnside Lambretta Owners Association "
Not him as well! :o Get the LCGB on him.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Doom Patrol wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:04 pm
dont forget those cheeky ballynahinch chappies too , blessed are the crayon makers for they shall inherit the right to fly pennants !!

disclaimer :

i would always recommend using a recognised authority for historic vehicle dating , as match.com were useless 😂😂😂
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Seems he tried to appeal the decision while planning to never pay out anyway lol. Spoilers, he lost again!

https://nipclaw.blogspot.com/2020/03/re ... t.html?m=1
Donnie.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Doom Patrol wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:04 pm
I do a nice set of fuzzy felts and I've just started photocopying Lambretta manuals (using work's photocopier of course) to sell at £100 each...compared to toilet roll I think you'll find they will be a bargain
Burnside

Donnie wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:53 am Seems he tried to appeal the decision while planning to never pay out anyway lol. Spoilers, he lost again!

So what did happen to all of that money from membership and merchandise, etc. or was he not making any profit on £20 mugs? Be interesting to hear from his members, as technically all the money from memberships and club merchandise is theirs.
Marty ULC
Main scooter: curry burner GP225 mugello

I'm sure a full financial report will be presented at their AGM.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Burnside wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:32 am
Donnie wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:53 am Seems he tried to appeal the decision while planning to never pay out anyway lol. Spoilers, he lost again!

So what did happen to all of that money from membership and merchandise, etc. or was he not making any profit on £20 mugs? Be interesting to hear from his members, as technically all the money from memberships and club merchandise is theirs.
Is it? I don't recall seeing anything like a constitution or other rules that would have suggested this was the case...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Marty ULC wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:00 pm I'm sure a full financial report will be presented at their AGM.
Ibid
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Burnside

rosscla wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:59 am

Is it? I don't recall seeing anything like a constitution or other rules that would have suggested this was the case...
And there lies the problem and was amazed none of the paid up members challenged this. Any club that has a membership fee should have a constitution, AGM and appointed officers, etc. In the designs hearing it states "Mr Frankland, who claims to be President of the British Lambretta Owners Association" so for him to claim that then there must be a formal club/association and he should have been voted in by the members. None of those things = no club/association other than in his own head.

The whole thing is so clearly a farce and a money making scheme that has backfired yet his 'members' have done nothing despite being defrauded out of their hard earned.
Marty ULC
Main scooter: curry burner GP225 mugello

Burnside wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:03 am
rosscla wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:59 am

And there lies the problem and was amazed none of the paid up members challenged this. Any club that has a membership fee should have a constitution, AGM and appointed officers, etc. In the designs hearing it states "Mr Frankland, who claims to be President of the British Lambretta Owners Association" so for him to claim that then there must be a formal club/association and he should have been voted in by the members. None of those things = no club/association other than in his own head.

The whole thing is so clearly a farce and a money making scheme that has backfired yet his 'members' have done nothing despite being defrauded out of their hard earned.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... ef=m_notif
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information