BLOA dead?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Morning.

So someone was saying there's not much going on here at the moment so here's something to chat about.

Anybody know what's going on with the BLOA, I'm banned from the Facebook page and only have the LCGB side of the story so far. Any of those who supported GF had a change of heart, especially the ones who so strongly supported him on Facebook?

Anything from anybody as to what's happening?

Thanks

W
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

bolzenanker wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:32 am Morning.

So someone was saying there's not much going on here at the moment so here's something to chat about.

Anybody know what's going on with the BLOA, I'm banned from the Facebook page and only have the LCGB side of the story so far. Any of those who supported GF had a change of heart, especially the ones who so strongly supported him on Facebook?

Thanks

W
shouldn't of got yourself banned then should you then you'd know
the man don't give a f@@k
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Dead man walking. It was probably always doomed.
ContemporaryMod
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 125 Series IV

I also got banned .... all I did was 'Like' the Ballyanich Scooter Club page. I'd even paid GF a tenner thinking it was a 'proper' Lambretta Club :-)
Lambretta Li125 Series 4 (175cc)
Stranglers MK1 fan
The Jam fan
Bufficus

Thanks

W
Warren, after claiming Sywell and Kidlington were cancelled due to health reasons he has now deleted that anouncement and posted this.-

Evening troops, Just a quick up date with the club. It’s stronger than ever, we have dated 1100 vehicles so far. I had to take time off to sort a few things out including getting back in date to parachute again with military round parachutes. I will be jumping into Arnhem for the 75th Anniversary. The club has raised £160 so far for the Marie Curie trust. I have only had correspondence for just a cheque, for some reason. Sywell clashed with my return from parachuting so I didn’t go ahead with the rally. All the rest are fine.
So from backstage coming soon to a town near you... I have been scanning lambretta models and the service man to bring an awesome collection of BLOA memorabilia... Also faithfully copies of original 1950’s and 1960’s lambretta club leg shield banners that was affiliated with BLOA. These are for sale at £14.99 each in a limited run of 10. I do have quite a lot of original banners but if anyone wants a specific one I will look into getting it done.
Membership is creeping up, the club magazine “leader” is working well..
That’s it so far....Bonjour..

No mention of health issues just a diary clash. The Kidlington date has now passed also and no mention. I wonder what the 'members' get for their 'subscriptions'?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Oh, I thought we'd had a parachute failure there...

The members got a cheapskate effort to get the renewal reminders posted out for free...wonder what their subs paid for?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Bufficus

rosscla wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:27 pm Oh, I thought we'd had a parachute failure there...

The members got a cheapskate effort to get the renewal reminders posted out for free...wonder what their subs paid for?
Gavin's parachute jump costs perhaps? Cynical me.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Bufficus wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:01 pm

Thanks

W
Warren, after claiming Sywell and Kidlington were cancelled due to health reasons he has now deleted that anouncement and posted this.-

Evening troops, Just a quick up date with the club. It’s stronger than ever, we have dated 1100 vehicles so far. I had to take time off to sort a few things out including getting back in date to parachute again with military round parachutes. I will be jumping into Arnhem for the 75th Anniversary. The club has raised £160 so far for the Marie Curie trust. I have only had correspondence for just a cheque, for some reason. Sywell clashed with my return from parachuting so I didn’t go ahead with the rally. All the rest are fine.
So from backstage coming soon to a town near you... I have been scanning lambretta models and the service man to bring an awesome collection of BLOA memorabilia... Also faithfully copies of original 1950’s and 1960’s lambretta club leg shield banners that was affiliated with BLOA. These are for sale at £14.99 each in a limited run of 10. I do have quite a lot of original banners but if anyone wants a specific one I will look into getting it done.

No mention of health issues just a diary clash. The Kidlington date has now passed also and no mention. I wonder what the 'members' get for their 'subscriptions'?
So, to get this straight the man is still aiming to reproduce BLOA merchandise? Talk about digging yourself deeper in.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Nob
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Bufficus wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:01 pm

Thanks

W

Thanks Bifficus

I'm not missing much then. Such a shame, if he'd just changed the name as requested at the beginning it could been so different, no bad feeling and a whole other side to Lambretta riding I could have got on board with.

Never mind.

W
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information