BLOA dead?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

gaz_powell wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 am As im not on facebook is he still promoting BLOA as his own, peddling BLOA merch and doing dating certificates under the banner ?
He claimed to be doing loads of dating certificates which is an income with little outgoing as all the information is readily availble.
Again claimed big membership of "his" club.....
So where did all that cash which it will have been, gone.....
I wonder if the penny has dropped with his membership....
He's still doing dating certificates to my knowledge.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

There are a couple of the well known people who offer registration services who use him for dating but whether that's a service that fills the 'club' funds is anyone's guess
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Doom Patrol wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:32 pm
gaz_powell wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 am As im not on facebook is he still promoting BLOA as his own, peddling BLOA merch and doing dating certificates under the banner ?
He claimed to be doing loads of dating certificates which is an income with little outgoing as all the information is readily availble.
On what basis can he do these? According to the DVLA (V765/1) the only registered Vehicle Owner Clubs that can provide Lambretta dating certificates are the LCGB and the Lambretta Archive
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

coaster wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:12 pm
Donnie wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:18 pm So, GF loses to the LCGB, owes £948 in costs and instead of being a man about it files for bankruptcy, what a surprise.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3489670
Personally I'm not suprised tbh, I am surprised at the crushing silence of his support squad though ;)
Youre not wrong there ! think several were warning of this outcome it certainly isnt ending in the way his disciples were predicting. funny
none of his band of brothers aren't dipping their hands into pockets to bail out the glorious leader in his hour of need
seems hes not the messiah ,he's just a naughty boy!!.

maybe this whole episode was some sort of get rich quick enterprise to rescue his finances after all and he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for us pesky scooter forum kids.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Burnside wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:30 pm
On what basis can he do these? According to the DVLA (V765/1) the only registered Vehicle Owner Clubs that can provide Lambretta dating certificates are the LCGB and the Lambretta Archive
That's what I thought too. I've no idea why they are accepting them. I suspect they probably don't know the difference between that and the LCGB.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

You've got that totally wrong Burnside. That is nothing to do with Dating letters, V765 is for the retention of old Reg' No's with proof and inspection which LCGB and BLA are authorised to do. BLOA can not do that. Anyone with Factory records can issue Dating letters.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

ktmh5 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:49 am

You've got that totally wrong Burnside. That is nothing to do with Dating letters, V765 is for the retention of old Reg' No's with proof and inspection which LCGB and BLA are authorised to do. BLOA can not do that. Anyone with Factory records can issue Dating letters.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. So basically anyone can issue a dating certificate, using say the information on Lambretta Archive's website? No wonder there are so many 1959 Series 1's out there that are clearly APIs to anyone who knows what to look out for, makes a bit of a mockery of it all really.
wintermod65

Burnside wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:38 am

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. So basically anyone can issue a dating certificate, using say the information on Lambretta Archive's website? No wonder there are so many 1959 Series 1's out there that are clearly APIs to anyone who knows what to look out for, makes a bit of a mockery of it all really.

So you could set yourself up as the "Burnside Lambretta Owners Association " knock up a nice little Cert' on Word an use the info thats widely in the public domain an date scooters and it would be accepted, as you say bit of a mockery but nice cheap option much more convenient than using the usual suspects .

an now a certain person is claiming bankruptcy you wont have worry about them getting expesive lawyers on you !
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

wintermod65 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:10 pm

So you could set yourself up as the "Burnside Lambretta Owners Association " knock up a nice little Cert' on Word an use the info thats widely in the public domain an date scooters and it would be accepted, as you say bit of a mockery but nice cheap option much more convenient than using the usual suspects .

an now a certain person is claiming bankruptcy you wont have worry about them getting expesive lawyers on you !
That's called "Passing Off".
wintermod65

ktmh5 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:24 pm
wintermod65 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:10 pm

That's called "Passing Off".
it was meant to be irony tinged with sarcasm !.
i wasnt being serious ,of course you could use any good word processing software it doesnt just have to be a microsoft product
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information