Crikey its quiet in here ..iet in here...in here... here..

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

The Lambretta/Malossi thread i'm doing at the moment is also being posted on the LCGB site. It's had about 300 views on there and about 550 on here, but the replies are roughly the same.

It appears there's more voyeurs on here :?
scooterslag

gaz_powell wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:11 pm Quote Johnny650
I once belonged to LCGB purely to be able to write on their forum. It must be one of the very few club sites in the World to actually charge people £25 in order for them to be able to post messages on their forum !? :roll:

The £25 the LCGB charges is for a years membership to the club.....which is for a whole host of things including access to the forum for its members - its not £25 to post on the forum is it! - Rolling my eyes!
It's a shame you didn't use the membership to the full and enjoy the benefits.
Ultimately you chose to join the LCGB just to post on the members forum...

Gaz
+1
The mack daddy on the left!
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

gaz_powell wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:08 pm Quote Johnny650
I once belonged to LCGB purely to be able to write on their forum. It must be one of the very few club sites in the World to actually charge people £25 in order for them to be able to post messages on their forum !? :roll:

The £25 the LCGB charges is for a years membership to the club.....which is for a whole host of things including access to the forum for its members - its not £25 to post on the forum is it! - Rolling my eyes!
It's a shame you didn't use the membership to the full and enjoy the benefits.
Gaz . LCGB do not need you or anybody else to defend or justify their Policy or Fees .
This Country at present is one of the few places in the World where an idividual can speak their mind and voice their personal opinion

Its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH :lol:

Personally I think that the LCGB is completely mismanaged and its policies stink.Its squandered thousands of pounds recently persuing stupid unecessary Legal copyright claims which I didn't vote for or agree to.
LCGB offers nothing of value or interest to me ....... which is why I did not renew my membership....but thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it. geddit ! ;)

I do not care one jot for your opinion on the subject. I did not ask for it and I'm not interested in it.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

To be fair Johnny you opened the subject of the LCGB and paying for membership, it only seems right that paying members can defend the club and their policies.

best not get a into slagging off the LCGB debate as it ends up with no winners..........just ask Gav..
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

yep fair enough Mick I know you're right

. I should have learned by now that some LCGB members think that everyone wants and enjoys exactly the same benefits from the club . All i wanted from LCGB was access to the forum, nothing else and it struck me as rather expensive for those few like me who are unable to enjoy the full benefits of the club due to personal circumstance etc .
gaz_powell

Freedom of speech, yep I'm all for it....allows me the chance to respond to your inaccuracy about the LCGB membership subscription.

Its a shame you can't enjoy the other benefits.

By opening a thread in a forum you are effectively inviting opinions......the saying goes don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer....

Interestingly the thread you started was about it been quiet....crickey it would a lot quieter in here, ......if nobody answered.

All the best
dirtyhandslopez

So 39mm from the top of the exhaust port to the the top of the cylinder isn't optimum any more?
That's not going anywhere...
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

It would be great if Scootering could encourage a couple of dealers or experts to post on here, offer some free advertising or something. Personally I love build people posts but even though Tapatalk exists uploading is frustrating. Remember most of us are of an age that even downloading an app is challenging 😂
chippy

As mentioned before a lot of subjects have already been covered and with over sources available I think this is main reason for being quiet. I always look at this and lcgb forum most days to see if anything of interest pops up. Both forums have helped me hugely in the past. People don't even seem to put pictures of their pride and joys on now as so many Facebook sites are available. I personally don't do Facebook but as said before everyone to their own. I am a member of lcgb and I always get my money back by using the dealer discount which several still use for members if you ask. For one I will always browse the forums and long may they continue
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

To be honest I always thought this would happen. I said as much when they started SULK. It's just disposable froth. I'm not sure anybody actually reads it. It's just about hits. Not that I'm saying that's true for Scooterotica as such, but digital media is just designed to be dipped into and as long as people have smart phones that's how it's going to be. Maybe the good old days when people actually commented on posts were just a blip before we got so lazy?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information