Crikey its quiet in here ..iet in here...in here... here..

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Tractorman wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:01 pm Perhaps everyone was going to Seahouses!
doubtful
the man don't give a f@@k
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

It has died a death on here sadly, I pop in most days for a nosey but little changes. Check out the German Scooter Forum, that is mental. Google translate makes a game effort of translating but it`s on a different level to anything in the UK. Don`t know how many scooterists are over there but there`s a constant stream of great tech stuff every day.
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

On a separate note, I did like the way the OP worded the title, to emphasise the ever decreasing echo:

Crikey its quiet in here ..iet in here...in here... here..

:lol:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Forums still have their place, ever tried searching for something on FaceBook? I often struggle to find a post I was reading only 2 minutes earlier! People do use FB for ease as it is quick to ask and question and quick to get replies, unfortunately the quality of reply is often poor.

As for scootering itself I think it is still quite buoyant although split. There are more and more classic only or marque specific rallies, which is great imo, whilst the Nationals and many local rallies have turned more into auto/car/van comedy festivals.....fortunately there is enough choice out there to suit everyone
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Burnside wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:59 pm Forums still have their place, ever tried searching for something on FaceBook? I often struggle to find a post I was reading only 2 minutes earlier! People do use FB for ease as it is quick to ask and question and quick to get replies, unfortunately the quality of reply is often poor.

As for scootering itself I think it is still quite buoyant although split. There are more and more classic only or marque specific rallies, which is great imo, whilst the Nationals and many local rallies have turned more into auto/car/van comedy festivals.....fortunately there is enough choice out there to suit everyone
I'd agree with all of the above wholeheartedly
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Horses for courses, most of the people I run with now are about riding events NC500, Bulldog Run, WAW, C2C, Celtic Dash etc.

Me, I'm going to indulge in my once a year National this weekend and bob over to Kelso despite the camper vans and skamobiles...

I'll enjoy the ride over and back and I'll see some mates I haven't seen for a while and that be enough for me.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

rosscla wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:31 am Horses for courses, most of the people I run with now are about riding events NC500, Bulldog Run, WAW, C2C, Celtic Dash etc.

Me, I'm going to indulge in my once a year National this weekend and bob over to Kelso despite the camper vans and skamobiles...

I'll enjoy the ride over and back and I'll see some mates I haven't seen for a while and that be enough for me.
understand exactly where you're coming from i personally do more racing now and prefer it,probably do 2 rallys(done 1 already done will be going to Llandudno but even thinking of not bothering with that),already done the 4 other trips Newark,Ryton,Burton and Leicester there's nothing else that floats my boat so to speak.
the man don't give a f@@k
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Tractorman wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:01 pm Perhaps everyone was going to Seahouses!
I cycled through about 5pm on Saturday and didn't see anyone riding a scooter. About 20 parked up hither and thither, but none moving.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Personally I MUCH prefer this forum and lcgb to the FB waffle and arguments.

I miss the constant interesting and constructive discussion that would appear on these forums, but I guess it's just the world turning.
Muttley McLadd

Meds1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:04 pm I do miss the scooterotica builds and threads- it would have been interesting to follow a Quatrinni build along the same lines as the RT kit
Thing is, they're always a lot more interesting for those reading than for the people doing all the fucking about posting up the pics, which is a mission to do. I know you can post pics directly from a phone, but that's a lot easier if you've got child size fingers, and under 40s eyesight.

There must be people that have done builds on here in the last few years, and haven't bothered posting a thread about it. I can't be alone.
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information