Crikey its quiet in here ..iet in here...in here... here..

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i am pretty sure that this forum will stand the test of time ,the vast amount of info and stored knoweledge on here on the archive posts are without doubt a blessing ..long live scooterotica :)
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

gaz_powell wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:28 pm Freedom of speech, yep I'm all for it....allows me the chance to respond to your inaccuracy about the LCGB membership subscription.

Its a shame you can't enjoy the other benefits.

By opening a thread in a forum you are effectively inviting opinions......the saying goes don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer....
What have i said ]that it factually inaccurate ? I stated that in order to be able to post messages on the LCGB forum it is nececessary to pay a £25 annual fee for the priviledge what is inaccurate about that statement
Interestingly the thread you started was about it been quiet....crickey it would a lot quieter in here, ......if nobody answered.

All the best
Gaz I am all for open minded discussion but you are clearly determined to hyjack this thread and turn this into an argument and try to force your opinion onto someone else.

I did not invite your opinion about the LCGB did I !.. The topic of this thread is completely clear to everyone except you apparently :lol:

I have stated my position clearly and I do not wish to argue it with you because we obviously have different views and have differing ways of enjoying our scootering hobby. It appears that you are unable to accept that fact.

You have already stated that it is a shame I cannot enjoy the clubs facilities that you clearly do and I have already stated that I am either unable or not inclined to do the same . That is my business and nothing you do or say will change that ..
'It is what it is' as suitcase would say.

So if you want to have the last word knock yourself out............. then for gods sake let it drop and either contribute something constructive to this thread or shove off ;)
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

sean brady scooters wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:10 pm i am pretty sure that this forum will stand the test of time ,the vast amount of info and stored knoweledge on here on the archive posts are without doubt a blessing ..long live scooterotica :)
hear hear ! ;) I totally agree and will continue to use this forum as long as it is open and I am welcome. I only hope that this forum has got an effective daily backup in place to protect all the information that we have all contributed ........ unlike a certain other forum that had better remain nameless :lol:
patrick
Main scooter: gp ts1 225

Johnny650

I know you did not ask for my opinion but here it is anyway.

Having read a number of your comments on a number of threads I have to ask - are you always such an idiot?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

patrick wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 pm Johnny650

Having read a number of your comments on a number of threads I have to ask - are you always such an idiot?
I didn’t want to be the one to say but yes I thought the same after he threw his toys out the pram on that other thread with me and another member after we had to tell him not to change gear without using the clutch :roll:

And another thing, Gaz Powell (or anybody else for that matter) doesn’t have to ask before stating an opinion :D
sean brady scooters
Dealer

well its not so quiet in here after all it seems lol
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
patrick
Main scooter: gp ts1 225

sean brady scooters wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:31 pm well its not so quiet in here after all it seems lol
:lol:
gaz_powell

Johnny, i thought long and hard about replying, been sat on train for two hours, so I'll knock oneself out with my final comment. Having reread my posts i dont believe I have hyjacked this thread, turned it into an argument or tried to force an opinion onto someone else.......

I rather think you have done that, and made it obvious to all that you cannot hold an an open minded discussion.

I'm genuine pleased that you enjoy your scootering in a different way to me....it would be a sad world if we all did the same.

Gaz
mawso

Nice place to break away from FB.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The FB 'scene'....

All the BB type forums have gone a bit 'quiet' but surprisingly this one seems to have been hit worse than the LCGB one.

The notable experts and dealers who used to post a lot on here have more and more drifted to the more popular FB platform. New welcome posts are rare and joiners must be disappointed with the responses. I just hope they can benefit from the history of knowledge on here using the search function.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information