Crikey its quiet in here ..iet in here...in here... here..

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Muttley McLadd wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 pm
Meds1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:04 pm I do miss the scooterotica builds and threads- it would have been interesting to follow a Quatrinni build along the same lines as the RT kit
Thing is, they're always a lot more interesting for those reading than for the people doing all the fucking about posting up the pics, which is a mission to do. I know you can post pics directly from a phone, but that's a lot easier if you've got child size fingers, and under 40s eyesight.

There must be people that have done builds on here in the last few years, and haven't bothered posting a thread about it. I can't be alone.
i agree 100% ;) ;)
The trouble is there is just such an incredible apathy out there on the net these days. Maybe people have had a glut of facebook and twitter and youtube and all the other sites that draw us daily. maybe we have all become jaded.

I once belonged to LCGB purely to be able to write on their forum. It must be one of the very few club sites in the World to actually charge people £25 in order for them to be able to post messages on their forum !? :roll:
I tried to encourage posting and contributions on there for a few years but again there was too much apathy or critisism from those who like to flame.

I started a picture based thread with a weekly theme or topic like Bridge or Monument etc so members had to go out on their scoots and get a picture of their scoot in front of whatever and then post it. It went quite well at first but eventually it turned into a bun fight with members deciding to ignore the posting rules or do their own thing so I passed it on to someone else and left the club.

When you see frequent forum posts requesting advice or help and there have been over 200 people view the post yet not a single reply you know there has to be a lot of apathy .
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

heres a case in point about apathy .
I just checked and this thread has attracted over 900 viewings which is great but look how few people have had the interest or inclination to join the discussion or contribute something ...anything
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

In some cases the apathy is on the part of the poster......which leads to apathy with the readers :?

By this i mean the same old questions are being asked but the poster can't be bothered to do a search....quicker to ask the question, but people get sick of writing the same reply to the same question....
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

On such a large forum simple search terms can return hundreds of 'hits' - some search terms are sometimes blocked or ignored because they're too common - you need to be quite savvy with the search to find some relevant information. It can be quite frustrating trying to find what you need so it's often easier just to ask and hope someone answers.

Mostly on here or the LCGB forum you'll eventually get a quality response from someone who knows what they're talking about or has. Even there and done that but because we,'re now all conditioned to instant feedback it is often easier to slap it in Faceache and get instant feedback even if you have to wade through the wank responses too.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Muttley McLadd

And it's been a good while now since anyone's posted a pic of their Porsche, with some bone question attached to it.
CakeAndArseParty
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

rosscla wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 pm On such a large forum simple search terms can return hundreds of 'hits' - some search terms are sometimes blocked or ignored because they're too common - you need to be quite savvy with the search to find some relevant information. It can be quite frustrating trying to find what you need so it's often easier just to ask and hope someone answers.

Mostly on here or the LCGB forum you'll eventually get a quality response from someone who knows what they're talking about or has. Even there and done that but because we,'re now all conditioned to instant feedback it is often easier to slap it in Faceache and get instant feedback even if you have to wade through the wank responses too.
Personally I'd far rather the 2 forums that fb. It really does illicit some pathetic responses regardless of what you ask or say. For whatever reason, people seem to behave far more politely and sensibly on here and lcgb. I don't know if it's the same people behaving differently in different environments or if nobheads don't join forums. Either way, this works better for me and I regret the fact that they seem to be dwindling.

I'm doing a build at the minute, due some new photos....
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Well, I still log on every day in the hope that there are some new posts or tech bits, and to let my little lady shake her ass :).
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
gaz_powell

Quote Johnny650
I once belonged to LCGB purely to be able to write on their forum. It must be one of the very few club sites in the World to actually charge people £25 in order for them to be able to post messages on their forum !? :roll:

The £25 the LCGB charges is for a years membership to the club.....which is for a whole host of things including access to the forum for its members - its not £25 to post on the forum is it! - Rolling my eyes!
It's a shame you didn't use the membership to the full and enjoy the benefits.
gaz_powell

Quote Johnny650

The £25 the LCGB charges is for a years membership to the club.....which is for a whole host of things including access to the forum for its members - its not £25 to post on the forum is it! - Rolling my eyes!
It's a shame you didn't use the membership to the full and enjoy the benefits.
Ultimately you chose to join the LCGB just to post on the members forum...

Gaz
chippy

dapper wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:23 am Well, I still log on every day in the hope that there are some new posts or tech bits, and to let my little lady shake her ass :).

Same here, I like the Shakey ass, far more interesting than reading posts on why people aren't posting posts :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information