Crikey its quiet in here ..iet in here...in here... here..

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Meds1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:06 am Face blooks a much easier platform to build/video picture threads.
Anyone who uses this forum on their mobile phone, and has the 'Tapatalk' forum browsing App installed, can add images direct to threads also. Its just as easy as FB in that respect.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

The strange thing which goes against all this is that the joining rate for new members, as well as the browsing stats for existing users, is still very high... so the forum retains a huge amount of interest and traffic still, just not so many new threads as previous years.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
immylam

Forums used to be a great place to buy things. Here LCGB before they stopped non members using it and some other one who's name escapes me now , logo was a scooter silhouette against a sunset. facebook sales pages have made finding a gem or a bargain less likely as there are far more people able to view. I suppose this is better as a seller if squeezing back every penny and some that you have ever put into your scooter is your thing.....I just like a bargain and dream one day of selling at a profit.
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Meds1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:06 am Face blooks a much easier platform to build/video picture threads and control negative and trolling Input.
I’ve helped a few mates with wiring problems using Facebook built threads-
yes one of the biggest issues with this site imo is that it doesn't host images .
Faffing around uploading to photofukit or flickr is a right p.i.t.a. and I always end up pasting the links 3-4 times before I get one to work.
Then of course there is the stupidly short editing time which doesn't allow sufficient time to alter the links if they don't work the first time.

Ok so whilst I'm on the subject is there any reason why the default position on email notifications is always NO notifications ???
Why on earth would anyone post a message and NOT want to see any responses ? doesn't make any sense at all. :roll:
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The photo loading is much easier via Tapatalk on your phone TBH.

It's busier on here than the BLOA FB page...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

rosscla wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:23 pm The photo loading is much easier via Tapatalk on your phone TBH.

It's busier on here than the BLOA FB page...
no cellfone coverage where I live fortunately. ;) I hate trying to text on a fone anyway with my big fingers :roll:
I'm a regular dinosaur :lol:
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

There was a downturn when the forum format changed i for one didn't like it and did think of not bothering(did for a while) with it and there are quite a lot of pre change posters who aren't it appears posting anymore.I tend to look and tbh most of the subjects are not of any interest to me personally so i don't bother commenting.Forums are dying off in fact most have either closed or are very rarely used anymore i'm actually surprised at this one surviving although it is the carlsberg of forums.The scooterboy world one for example nobody bothers with it anymore(it was crap anyway) and nobody really looks to join one as facebook covers it all in reality.Buying and selling on these pages seems to of died as there are more options in other areas that peoples items get viewed/seen more.
the man don't give a f@@k
GTFOMWSC

immylam wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:50 am Forums used to be a great place to buy things. Here LCGB before they stopped non members using it and some other one who's name escapes me now , logo was a scooter silhouette against a sunset. facebook sales pages have made finding a gem or a bargain less likely as there are far more people able to view. I suppose this is better as a seller if squeezing back every penny and some that you have ever put into your scooter is your thing.....I just like a bargain and dream one day of selling at a profit.
the forum you are thinking about was that scooterboy world elitist one
GTFOMWSC

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:43 am The strange thing which goes against all this is that the joining rate for new members, as well as the browsing stats for existing users, is still very high... so the forum retains a huge amount of interest and traffic still, just not so many new threads as previous years.
how are those statistics worked out? can be very deceiving as if someone doesn't log in and clicks on/off the page say 20 times a day or stays logged on by accident so looks like there's a browser all the time(x10 people can bump viewing) can't that falsify the statistics?.Not knocking your stats just generally interested how these figures are obtained.
GTFOMWSC

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:50 pm Not sure we are on a downturn, traders are doing well, rally attendance is good, prices are holding. I think maybe things are just naturally evolving and developing down different avenues... (?)
i think you're right there on the attendance side of things and noticably attendance at non nationals is better too although there were less at Leicester Phoenix this year.Will be interesting later this year when the Southport/Bridlington situation arises see who decides to go where.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information