ULEZ London based scooter owners.. Are we really exempt??

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
retrorich
Main scooter: sx200 1966

Has anyone got a definitive line on this issue? It is not a clear issue but my understanding is that if you present your case to Transport for London, via their website stating it is a vehicle over 40 years old and, is classed as historic, then we are all exempt from the £12.50 per day charge.
I have also heard that this might not be true. Does someone on here have more info??

The ULEZ will affect all London based owners in particular in 2021 when the zone extend to the North & South circular. All the runs in London will be affected .
So every time you want to pop out on it or get to work, you have to pay £12.50. It is not a charge for entering the zone unlike the Congestion Charge . If you live in the zone or want to enter 24 hours a day ITS £12.50.

Sign the petition against ULEZ on line, once it reaches 100,000 Governements have to go through a consultation. I think it is currently 85,000.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I think the Transport for London website is just causing confusion on this. When I put in my number plate it states that I have to pay as they have no information on the emissions for my scooter, but if you then click further through it does say that if it is a Historic Vehicle, which it is, then it is free from the charge, so on that basis not an issue for me at least
YAMLAM

historic vehicles defo Ok, was up there on the rolling Thunder ride for Soldier F, Think Pidgeon Khan would have billed me by now.
win or lose have a booze
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information