Registration

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
l111amo
Main scooter: Gp186

At my whits end, trying to register the lynx
All paperwork supplied,mot- age dating certificate etc but DVLA asking for Spanish log book( which I haven’t got)
All the usual people who register these say never been asked before, spoke to DVLA numerous times & cant get past the jobs worth’s.
Even had them asking for day & month build 😳, anyone got any ideas,
Cheers Liam
Meds1
Main scooter: Lambretta li150s

Use rob skipsey
You will find him on Facebook.
l111amo

Cheers meds, will do , can’t understand was even told it would go on a Q plate
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

You just need to include a “letter of explanation” explaining why the non-UK registration document or certificate isn’t available (doesn’t have to be an essay; just needs to explain why you haven’t got it so they can tick their box)

It’s worth titling the letter “letter of explanation” and refer out to it in your covering letter (given they’re so pedantic).

Good luck.
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
l111amo

Just typed a letter out exactly like that, fingers crossed
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

+ 1 Rob Skipsey , if you need Contact details PM me he only lives up the road from me
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
24miculo

I had a similar issue when registering a Series 2 last year. I wrote a letter explaining that the scooter had been left in a barn for years in Italy and all the paperwork had been misplaced over the years. Ive no idea how true any of that was but DVLA were happy with it. Had a phone call a few days later to arrange an inspection and V5 followed within 10 days.
l111amo

Cheers for replies, fingers crossed
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

24miculo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:54 pm I had a similar issue when registering a Series 2 last year. I wrote a letter explaining that the scooter had been left in a barn for years in Italy and all the paperwork had been misplaced over the years. Ive no idea how true any of that was but DVLA were happy with it. Had a phone call a few days later to arrange an inspection and V5 followed within 10 days.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

24miculo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:54 pm I had a similar issue when registering a Series 2 last year. I wrote a letter explaining that the scooter had been left in a barn for years in Italy and all the paperwork had been misplaced over the years. Ive no idea how true any of that was but DVLA were happy with it. Had a phone call a few days later to arrange an inspection and V5 followed within 10 days.
I've written 3 letters about barns in Italy and I'm sure you and I aren't the only ones to use this clever ruse.

Next time I'm going to be clever and say it was found in a SHED in Italy. That'll throw them off the scent. :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information