Low tax car, van mpv that can carry a scooter.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
brendanbehan
Main scooter: vespa p200e

I have been thinking of buying a small van Suzuki Carry/ Daihatsu Exotal to transport a scooter. I'm not having much luck even viewing a half decent van. I am now wondering if there are any small, cheap to run and tax cars that will take a lambretta or Vespa PE. I want to be able to transport the scooter upright as opposed to on its side. TIA
warts
Main scooter: honda

Old model Ford Connect - the cubist one. I saw a high top one the other day. Don't know if there are also long wheelbase variants, this one looked big enough though. Included high "into the roof" doors + a side sliding door.

It has been a while, but I drove one of the Vauxhall badged Suzuki vans for a mate. While it did have good space in the back, it was pitiful over long distance.
brendanbehan

Thanks I will look at connects. One attraction to the small vans is the Piaggio Porter van, I know it is not really Piaggio but there is a slight scooter connection. Wa the Vauxhall badges Suzuki really slow over long distance?
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Fiat Multipla

Questionable looks but cheap as chips with a 3+3 layout. My GP goes straight in with the back seats out.
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
brendanbehan

Thanks Tony, do they seats come out easily, clips or bolts? Is insurance and tax cheap on these?
warts
Main scooter: honda

re the suzuki/vauxhall - motorway travel was the pits. I used to deliver his cabinetry from Ashby de la Zouch to the west end (of London). An all day affair.
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

brendanbehan wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:36 pm Thanks Tony, do they seats come out easily, clips or bolts? Is insurance and tax cheap on these?
The rear seats come out individually and they’re fitted in with a latch so very quick to put them in/out leaving a completely flat load area.

I pay £50/month on insurance but my NCD is on something else, and insurance is £20.12/month on DD (1.9 Multijet Diesel).
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
brendanbehan

Thanks for the information Tony.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information