This bloke seems popular...

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
MaDMAn

rosscla wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:18 pm https://scooterlab.uk/gone-bust-its-bus ... peed-news/

Slightly different slant?
Tell that to the swathe of creditors he has left in his wake. See 'Statement of affairs' which is the 3rd PDF down on this link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

That document shows who he owes money to, all £270,000 of it. Looks like a separate company called BSLUK (BeedSpeed Ltd UK) has already been set up to buy the remaining 8400 stock items which are valued at £135k, for only £25k.

In summary, he's binning off £270k in debt, and offering the liquidators £25k to buy the stock which is valued at £135k and could be sold for more in order to pay those debts!

And, if you look closely at one of the people he owes money to, it says £15,273 is owed to Beed2 - 25 Runswick Road, Grimsby - that's Al Beedhams address, so I presume Daniel George Burton hasn't even finished paying for the company which he is sullying the name of.
MaDMAn

It also looks like he owes £46k in unpaid PAYE, so does that mean his staff had had the deductions made off their earnings and he has pocketed the cash? If so, are the staff now liable for unpaid income tax and underpaid NI contributions?
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

MaDMAn wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:36 pm It also looks like he owes £46k in unpaid PAYE, so does that mean his staff had had the deductions made off their earnings and he has pocketed the cash? If so, are the staff now liable for unpaid income tax and underpaid NI contributions?
Depends if they are named as a creditor in the insolvency then it will get written off, but there are cases where if an employer has not paid the tax and NI then they can go after the employee even though they have already had it deducted from their salary
YAMLAM

well i know where i wont be spending any money... disgusting.
win or lose have a booze
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

If they have the parts you want, and you can't get them somewhere you prefer, you'll be sending them your money, but use your credit card and at least you'll be protected.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

They're not the first scooter parts and services business to do this. What will count is if they can restructure the business and keep it going, but the others were 'invested' - not sure that this is the case with this one.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
YAMLAM

rosscla wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:36 am If they have the parts you want, and you can't get them somewhere you prefer, you'll be sending them your money, but use your credit card and at least you'll be protected.
Good advice but i think your only covered on amounts over £100.00
win or lose have a booze
Burnside

YAMLAM wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:57 pm
rosscla wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:36 am If they have the parts you want, and you can't get them somewhere you prefer, you'll be sending them your money, but use your credit card and at least you'll be protected.
Not true, you are covered for any amount when paying by credit card regardless of how large or small the amount is
Burnside

Burnside wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 am
YAMLAM wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:57 pm
Not true, you are covered for any amount when paying by credit card regardless of how large or small the amount is
Actually I'll eat my words on that one, you are only covered under section 75 of the consumer act for amounts between £100 and £30000. However there are also chargeback rules that cover lower amounts and credit card companies will chargeback amounts under £100 to the retailer for things like goods not received, faulty goods, etc.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Looks like SULK have updated their view on this: https://scooterlab.uk/gone-bust-its-bus ... peed-news/

:roll:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information