ulez zones

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
tavspeed

from 2019 london birmingham leeds etc are introducing ultra low emision zones,so if your vehicle doesnt meet the emisions level,you will have to pay a charge to go into these zones,
luckily vehicles that are over 40 years old and classed as historic vehicles will be exempt,so does that mean the value of most of our lambrettas will rocket,kerching :D
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

It might do. But it probably means that rich commuters will think it's clever and end up getting their scooters nicked.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

They will have a big impact on P range Vethpas, still see a lot of those used for commuting in London
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

are p range 40 years old? I first remember seeing them 1980 but I could be wrong
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

nick b wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:04 pm are p range 40 years old? I first remember seeing them 1980 but I could be wrong
Non indicator p range models were pre 1980
the man don't give a f@@k
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Divide and conquer...I think we are being split up and will be removed bit by bit and I'd include our motorcycle friends in that argument. What's the reason for our high emissions? Is it the 2 stroke oil? Would it be a big deal for someone like sip, casa, tuto or one of the other big players in the scooter game to push for the development of an environmentally friendly 2 stroke oil? It would help our cause and at least give us a chance of staying on the road. I wouldn't advocate it but a very long time ago when I was a teenager a friend of mine had her scooter rebuilt by an older guy in the town. He didn't have any 2 stroke oil in his shed and when we called around I seen him measuring out cooking oil (I think" fry crisp and dry"!) and pouring it into the petrol tank. I was shocked when he gave the bike a shake and then kicked it over. He wasn't in the slightest bit worried and said himself and his friends often did it back in the day when they had to! The scooter smelt like a popcorn machine, much nicer than the usual blue cloud and did the 3ish miles to the petrol station without fault. Cooking oil=vegetable oil and in my mind that only puts back into the atmosphere what it took out. I'm no expert but I'd love to hear from one who could provide potential solutions to our emissions problem. Maybe it's a lost cause....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information