Problems with BEEDSPEED???

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

hendy wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:31 pm
wrecklessrobbie wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:44 pm I use AF Rayspeed.
Difficult at times to get hold of on the phone.
But very friendly and very helpful when you go into the shop.
They will explain most things and offer advice.
Yes, helpful bunch. Just a bit like catching steam with a net.
What a great analogy, so very apt though. Ive always thought they could easily double their sales overnight simply by having an e-comerce site.
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

sorry a bit random about af I used to get an underground train to Watford [ it was a crap place to get to ] we went there for the majority of our parts [even though there were places much more convenient] I bought a big bore 30mil carb etc .I even had a rebore to 225 while I waited [ I think I went every other week when my team was playing away]it was in a sort of railway arch nothing glamourous but it had something. when he moved we visited the new place in Yorkshire[ it coincided with the 81scarborough rally]I don't know if ray was having an off day but that was the last time I ever bought anything from there and moved onto dave webster
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i would say having worked in retail for a long time that you cannot always pease everyone, i live about halfway between the beedspeed ad rayspeed, i think rayspeed are very helpfull and will help as much as they can, any problems ive had were sorted out easly, beedspeed is a different story, earlier this year one lad who comes to our scooter club went to beedspeed with a £600 shopping list, when he got in the shop the guy in charge said he was too busy to serve him and put the saturday lad on with getting the parts needed, the young lad fell at the first hurdle and had to ask the guy in charge where something was, well the guy in charge came back into the shop and repeated that he was too busy to help , at that point my mate had enough and told him to shove his parts where the sun doesnt shine. i also have another pal who ordered some parts waited a month and they never turned up, took him another month to get his money back, so they dont mail order the parts you need and if you walk through the door they are too busy, i cant see them being in business much longer ?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Scooterdude wrote: What a great analogy, so very apt though. Ive always thought they could easily double their sales overnight simply by having an e-comerce site.
I agree. Recently I waited an hour or so while they rebored a barrel for me. The phone didn't ring once. Not a single time. I reckon they must have it in silent or something and only answer if they see the screen flash or something like that.

I'd certainly have spent a couple of grand there in the last few years but mb, sr, camlam, just lambretta even beedspeed are easier to get stuff from. Their business though and I'm sure they've heard all this before.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

hendy wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:34 am
Scooterdude wrote: What a great analogy, so very apt though. Ive always thought they could easily double their sales overnight simply by having an e-comerce site.
I agree. Recently I waited an hour or so while they rebored a barrel for me. The phone didn't ring once. Not a single time. I reckon they must have it in silent or something and only answer if they see the screen flash or something like that.

I'd certainly have spent a couple of grand there in the last few years but mb, sr, camlam, just lambretta even beedspeed are easier to get stuff from. Their business though and I'm sure they've heard all this before.
They must be aware of it, so it's a decision they have made. They're obviously doing well enough.
hat
Main scooter: SX150/ Mugello 186

Limped onto rayspeeds forecourt on the way to filey a couple of years back. They immediately jumped in to diagnose and fix my vespa (dodgy fuel tap), and didn’t want a penny for it. I bought a couple of bits out of a sense of guilt. This is what dealers were always about, keeping us on the road in return for some loyalty and repeat business. Now a lammy owner i wish they had an online presence
davla

Well it's in the hands of my credit card company now and they're going to process a charge-back and dispute the transaction with Beedspeed. I was going to give them to the end of the week to refund me but then I thought why should I bother, they've had plenty of chances to do the right thing and they clearly don't give a s**t.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Well, I saw a link on Facebook that they were bankrupt. There's also an employment tribunal case in September. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ration.pdf
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

I,v placed 2 orders with Beedspeed in the last couple of weeks, both items came next day.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

The company called Beedspeed Ltd has gone into receivership, the existing company is still going (Beedspeed.com I think?).
They caused quite a lot of upset & confusion by not actually telling anyone they were doing this and people jumped to inevitable conclusions given their pretty poor reputation of late.
There a proper write up on SL-UK anyway and hopefully the new beedspeed will regain the reputation they once had for being reliable and good VFM. https://scooterlab.uk/gone-bust-its-bus ... peed-news/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information