Modern Retro Scooters

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Which of the new modern scooters most closely resembles an original 50/60's scooter? Saw one the other day done in red and white which looked very retro but it was being ridden so couldn't get a close up. I already know about the Dutch (sic) retro Lambretta thing which has been on here :shock: :roll:
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
gtwildcat
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

You missed something off the end of the topic title. Modern retro scooters.....,are wank
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Peugeot Django.

Vespa GTS of course is the king of all twist n go. It's probably the best scooter Vespa have ever made.
dapper

gtwildcat wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:03 pm You missed something off the end of the topic title. Modern retro scooters.....,are wank
Easy to say that, but what do you think Lambrettas would be like now if they were still in business?? That Django is quite nice considering it bows to the classic lines but with all the modern accoutrements.
Muttley McLadd

EddieStone wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:50 pm Vespa GTS of course is the king of all twist n go.
What rubbish. You can't even fit a laptop under seat. Overpriced, underperforming rubbish.
CakeAndArseParty
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Modern retro scooters are what they are. I think there is a lot to be said for them, if you like that sort of thing. They do what they say on the tin. Funnily enough I was looking at one of those Django things tonight. It's a bit of a lump.
dapper

Doom Patrol wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:52 pm Modern retro scooters are what they are. I think there is a lot to be said for them, if you like that sort of thing. They do what they say on the tin. Funnily enough I was looking at one of those Django things tonight. It's a bit of a lump.
What do you mean, Nev? Can you elaborate a bit more.
Doom Patrol

The Django manages to look quite stylish in the photos. But doesn't look quite so good in reality. I don't suppose it helped that it was a grungy matt black colour. It was a big old thing and the owner reckoned it was underpowered as a 125. You're not getting rid of the Biryani Bullet are you?
dapper

No, no, Nev. Well, not for a few years yet. Just thinking ahead to when I'm too old to kick the bugger over. :)
Doom Patrol

It's a minefield, that's for sure. The RA's and Scomadi's look okay as they shoot past you. Until you get up close and find they've got fatter arses than some Vespa's. Now, if you could fit an auto engine neatly into a frame, as some do, and keep the lines they'd be on to a winner. The Vespa range is just so... metrosexual, to put it politely. Nobody with an ounce of dignity would ride one. Not sure what that leaves us with really. Just the Lambretta that looks like it was beat with the ugly stick and peds which look like kids toys. I don't think the auto that can win everybody over has been made yet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information