Like Riding a Wheel Barrow.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Just a quick update. Because a number of you were good enough to reply. The scooter is being looked at now. The steering race is suspected of being the main culprit. There were times when it felt as if it wouldn't turn, which is pretty scarey and probably didn't help with the stability. It's being replaced with quality parts and hopefully that will make a big difference.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

good luck with getting to the root of the problem, i overtightened the front forks once and that made it feel like it wouldnt turn or like you would fall off, with the front wheel off the ground the bars should be able to drop to the left or the right , you probably already know and have checked this,
holty
Doom Patrol

holty wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:08 pm good luck with getting to the root of the problem, i overtightened the front forks once and that made it feel like it wouldnt turn or like you would fall off, with the front wheel off the ground the bars should be able to drop to the left or the right , you probably already know and have checked this,
holty
That gives me confidence that I'm on the right track.
Doom Patrol

Seems you were right Holty. The steering cones have been replaced and apparently it's transformed the handling. Who would have thought it?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hey nice one, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again, pleased you have it sorted out
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information