leg shield wheel holder

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

Just fitted spare wheel holder on GP and the wheel hits the leg shields before seating properly,i know the GP has more of a curve than LIs etc,has anyone else had this.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

It'll do it on all of them. It depends what sort of holder you have and what shape it's in as to how it sits. You might possibly be able to bend the legs a little if there is enough room for adjustment. Or, depending how long your bolts are, you might try putting a nut behind the wheel to bring it out a little more.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Another option is to put long nuts, like the cylinder head spacer nut, on the holder and use bolts to attract the wheel.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
dennis

long nuts and studs it is then,thought i would have to do some thing like that.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Just had my studs welded longer so that I can fit SIP rims plus the oil holder. I tried the extension nuts and studs but the wheel sat too far forward. Bolts available if you want them Dennis,plus studs if I can find them.
dennis

sorted now Timbo ,although you could be right about bringing it forward to far, still building it at mo wont know till start riding it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information