Starstream 2016

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Daggs

Recently on here, others and myself discussed the eBay seller 'Starstream2016'
The guy lived in Scotland I believe and was an enormous help to many of us seeking parts.
I contacted him through eBay a few days ago looking for a Lambretta part and have just had a response from one of his parents.
It appears starstream 2016 has died !!!! Despite knowing nothing about him personally I'm utterly shocked.
My condolences go to his family at this tragic time.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Thats a shock,no wonder I hadn't seen him selling anything for a while.Condolences to his family.
immylam

Sadly the big fella is no longer with us. He has left a lot of friends and of course family brokenhearted. He was a scooter fanatic and just recently returned from a 2 week tour of Italy. His funeral is on the 6th of Aug at Dunfermline crematorium and a ride-out will accompany him on his final journey. During his time trading he has amassed a huge amount of original lambretta parts, it would probably take a trader to take over what he has, but that is for another day. I am proud and humbled to have been a close friend for the past 28 years and like many other I'm gonna miss him terribly. RIP Steven .
coaster

I didn't know him at all but feel for the loss, RIP fella
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Condolences to his family.

I too bought numerous parts of Ste, he was a great help on a few occasions in the last few years when I was in need of parts

RIP Ste (DSCFly)
YAMLAM

please pass my condolences on to his family and friends ,
RIP
win or lose have a booze
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Daggs wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 pm Recently on here, others and myself discussed the eBay seller 'Starstream2016'
The guy lived in Scotland I believe and was an enormous help to many of us seeking parts.
I contacted him through eBay a few days ago looking for a Lambretta part and have just had a response from one of his parents.
It appears starstream 2016 has died !!!! Despite knowing nothing about him personally I'm utterly shocked.
My condolences go to his family at this tragic time.
oh my god I can't believe it ! ............

I too noticed that Steve hadn't been listing sparts on ebay for a while.

Over the past 2 years I have bought lots from Steve both on ebay and privately. He was always very helpful and sold his stuff at very reasonable prices . It was always in first class condition, well packed and clean too which was exceptional these days.

I have chatted with Steve on the net about parts on many occasions but never really on a personal level but i always found him to be very friendly . He mentioned to me that he had purchased and accumilated a huge amount of scooters and parts in the late 80's and his supply of parts seemed never ending. He said that he also sold his parts at some of the local LCGB meets and other shows so I'm sure he was well known in the local scootering community.

I wish now that I had made more effort to get to know him a little better.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to his Parents Family and friends
Rest in Peace Steve
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

R I P to a fellow scooterist. Condolences to his family and friends.

Cgt75b.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information