SIP Two stroke oil

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
parky

What is the difference between SIP,s Two stroke oil for Twist n Go and the Two stroke oil they produce for classic scooters. Is it safe to use either in a classic Lambretta. I happen to have a bottle of the Twist n Go stuff and was wondering whether to ditch it or not?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Bung it in. It won't hurt.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Not wanting to start the old 2 stroke oil debate but pretty much 2T oil will do, Lambrettas are over 50 years old and all that was available was mineral or castor oil are varying degrees of quality. I use lawnmower/chainsaw 2T in mine.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I have started to use Groundsman in the 150s with an iron cylinder. It seems to be ok.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Tractorman wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:38 pm I have started to use Groundsman in the 150s with an iron cylinder. It seems to be ok.
I bet that once Rockoil cotton on to how big Groundsman is in the scooter world they’ll hike the price.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm sure they do know. But as it's aimed at the gardening market there is only so much they can do with the price. Biker's, that's a different matter. They can milk them quite happily.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

My memory (not the most efficient tool in the box) tells me that the auto stuff is thinner to work with autolube systems but is still fine to use in a pre-mix system like the Lambretta but not vice versa.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Tractorman wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:38 pm I have started to use Groundsman in the 150s with an iron cylinder. It seems to be ok.
That's what I use with my GT kits and my Mugello, covered around 15k miles since I switched to it and no problems whatsoever
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information