MOT Exemption from today

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Happy Days. :D
Gage
Main scooter: TV200, P2, VB1+Bambini, GTV300

Happy days indeed. Thanks for checking guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Steveshipley
Main scooter: Sx150

just taken 2 of my scooters without current MoT off SORN and taxed them without any issues.

straightforward .
Neilly67
Main scooter: 1963 TV200

What about as-yet unregistered scooters and applying for a registration number/first V5?
I have a couple of imported Lambretta's with Nova declared, but as yet unregistered.

Up until now you required a MOT as part of the registration application process, is that still the case?
immylam

I have a jet 200 first registered Sept 2015 , I have just gone online and it still showing as needing an MOT and road tax, I can't proceed online because of this. Currently on sorn. Is this correct as I thought the rolling 40 years was an automatic update on their system
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

immylam wrote:I have a jet 200 first registered Sept 2015 , I have just gone online and it still showing as needing an MOT and road tax, I can't proceed online because of this. Currently on sorn. Is this correct as I thought the rolling 40 years was an automatic update on their system
You’ll first need to apply to have the V5 registration status changed to historic vehicle - or vehicle of historic interest.
You can - or could do this by taking your current V5 in to the post office & they’ll send it away foc.
Once it’s processed by DVLA & you receive your updated V5 then your all sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
immylam

Thanks Cartmel , is strange though because I did my GP online today and it seems to have gone through and I never applied for historic with that one, better double check that it is in proper order.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Just checked the status of my MOT on the DVLA website and it states MOT due date 17th August 2018. I have a 1962 Li150 and I have never had to pay tax since I've owned it. With the new law on over 40 year old vehicles being exempt for MOT will the status change automatically when my MOT expires on the 17th or do I need to apply for a new V5. I would have though it would already be recognised as historical if the tax is exempt??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information