Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Lol

I've so far been called a plonker, a muppet and a cling-on. I know others have been called worse and I believe that was reported to the police.

Anyone else got more than three names? We could have a mini competition.
challenger

Are you the GF that has been featured in the Liverpool Echo frequently?
If so, was your Dad SAS or King of the Teds?
Just asking like, in a freindly front line soldier Kind of Way.
gaz_powell

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:17 pm Gaz- REMF is a word used throughout the military, first used with the yanks but now commonly used with the Brits since the 1970's. Get with the plan.
I can use what ever term I like, who do you think you are to say otherwise? Nobody in BLOA gives a damm about the LCGB why should we? The 3000 or so is what we have in the BLOA Facebook page. I cant make it any clearer than that. There is only a handful out there who keep moaning about it, the rest of us couldn't give a flying f@@k what you or the others think and nothing is going to change no matter how loud you cry.

Bolzenanker- one for you mate - Muppet, or even cling-on, not sure which best suits you as you've done sod all towards the scootering community apart from moan like an old women. Go back in your cave and make use of your time or back to sleep as you keep stating you do. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bonjour.
Gavin, thanks for the prompt potted military history , REMF is I believe an aconysm not strictly a word and I certainly don't need to get with whatever "plan" you allude to....
It's a shame you have to resort to cheap name calling.

Arrivederci
gaz_powell

gaz_powell wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 pm
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:17 pm Gaz- REMF is a word used throughout the military, first used with the yanks but now commonly used with the Brits since the 1970's. Get with the plan.
I can use what ever term I like, who do you think you are to say otherwise? Nobody in BLOA gives a damm about the LCGB why should we? The 3000 or so is what we have in the BLOA Facebook page. I cant make it any clearer than that. There is only a handful out there who keep moaning about it, the rest of us couldn't give a flying f@@k what you or the others think and nothing is going to change no matter how loud you cry.

Bolzenanker- one for you mate - Muppet, or even cling-on, not sure which best suits you as you've done sod all towards the scootering community apart from moan like an old women. Go back in your cave and make use of your time or back to sleep as you keep stating you do. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bonjour.
Gavin, thanks for the prompt potted military history , REMF is I believe an acronym not strictly a word and I certainly don't need to get with whatever "plan" you allude to....
It's a shame you have to resort to cheap name calling.

Arrivederci
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Burnside wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:48 pm Personal insults and name calling, classy, it's often said when people resort to this it is because they know they have already lost the argument :?:
its called diversionary tactics , designed to stifle any reasonable discussion on this topic or coming out with statements that deliberately lead to this being locked down

the idea was to comment further on the scootering article and maybe the naive hope that some reasonable minds coming up with a pathway to maybe take to respective camps for resolving this issue.

although having seen recent posts on a well known Norwich based scooter repair page about someones new "green scooter" and disgusting comments about members of my club or the club itself from certain well known individuals in the locality im rapidly coming to the conclusion that there's more than just a minority of quite nasty individuals within this lifestyle , come hobby or call it what you will.

you start to question why the hell do i bother if all people want to do is start conflict from within .

i didnt get the military reference either but then im an Ex Matleot/ Coastguard so am more familiar with more nautical parlance
coaster

Burnside wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:48 pm Personal insults and name calling, classy, it's often said when people resort to this it is because they know they have already lost the argument :?:
I was thinking the same myself Ross although I never believed he had an argument in the first place tbf.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

wintermod65 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 pm although having seen recent posts on a well known Norwich based scooter repair page about someones new "green scooter" and disgusting comments about members of my club or the club itself from certain well known individuals in the locality im rapidly coming to the conclusion that there's more than just a minority of quite nasty individuals within this lifestyle , come hobby or call it what you will.

you start to question why the hell do i bother if all people want to do is start conflict from within .
Unfortunately there's a lot of truth in that, and when there are people deliberately creating and feeding an us and them situation it really does not help.
Special X150
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

There has been a lot of name calling, accusations and barring from BLOA facebook for someone who don't give a flying f*ck.
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:24 pm There is almost 3000 members on the facebook page so we must doing something right.
Not everyone on your Facebook page is there as a supporter, believe me.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Nudger wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:31 am
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:24 pm There is almost 3000 members on the facebook page so we must doing something right.
Not everyone on your Facebook page is there as a supporter, believe me.
Indeed.

Surely the membership would be the fully paid up members, I can't believe that is anyway near 3000
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information