Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

it does seem like something out of life of brian
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Doom Patrol wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:43 pm Who started this off again? Stone them!
that would be me then , or Scootering really as they printed the article in this months mag so blame Mr Clare , but he did promise an article was in the offing so now its hit the streets is the not bound to be some opinions or views expressed .

of course we could all go back to debating ho many microns of plating there should be on ivs marked bolts but wheres the fun in that ?

it seems the reverting of name back to BLOA is somewhat confrontational and is designed to get the other side wound up or forcing their hand somehow .

theres people in the LCGB in my club as well as those signed up to the BLOA facebook page so far some of the bitterness seen on here hasnt spilled over im hoping it will stay that way .
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I have to agree the whole name change back is deliberately confrontational -especially when GF has himself stated 'he intended to do so all along' to his supporters on his FB page.

Whats' the point of pretending you are prepared to compromise and be reasonable when you then come out with total crap like that 5 minutes later?

All it seems to say quite clearly to the LCGB is don't accept weasel words and fake promises in future -get it in legally binding writing or it ain't worth s**t.
timexit17

I'd also like to make it crystal clear that I was not contacted by scootering and nor was any of the pro-LCGB people that I know who've made multiple posts on here on the BLOA(C)s themed threads.

I think the comment that those who were contacted refused to comment or cooperate with scootering on this article are all 'keyboard warriors' is a cynical smear designed to discredit long standing scooterists strongly held opinions, as if anyone who wasn't mentioned in the article and was a commentator on here and elsewhere on social media/other forums was nothing more than a big gob hiding behind a keyboard.
Nothing further than the truth -'fake news' in todays parlance.

This is the issue with the scootering article - it could nothing more than reawaken divisions -those who wanted to know about it already did, by chucking fuel back onto the embers and fanning the flames the LCGB have little choice than to go to court now, so all the 'outraged concern' about the LCGBs funds or comments about how the LCGB make decisions at the age rather than a postal ballot are total bunkum also.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

timexit17 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:04 pm I have to agree the whole name change back is deliberately confrontational -especially when GF has himself stated 'he intended to do so all along' to his supporters on his FB page.

Whats' the point of pretending you are prepared to compromise and be reasonable when you then come out with total crap like that 5 minutes later?

All it seems to say quite clearly to the LCGB is don't accept weasel words and fake promises in future -get it in legally binding writing or it ain't worth s**t.
i think i agree with your sentiments here ,its back to the nonsense that was posted on this thread and the one that got locked down , i had hoped with the name change to something less controversial there might be movement on the logo issue too especially given Paul Karslakes support of LCGB .Now it all seems back to square one again i guess it hinges on the IP hearing as to what legal action can and might be taken, Loose and how many other names might fall prey to smash an grab tactics LPS, NRC,NSRA ? . The heritage of all scooter based clubs should be protected as they are the history of our interest and not some mere thing to make a quick buck out of or be used as a tool of spite by those with axes to grind.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

timexit17 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 pm I'd also like to make it crystal clear that I was not contacted by scootering and nor was any of the pro-LCGB people that I know who've made multiple posts on here on the BLOA(C)s themed threads.

I think the comment that those who were contacted refused to comment or cooperate with scootering on this article are all 'keyboard warriors' is a cynical smear designed to discredit long standing scooterists strongly held opinions, as if anyone who wasn't mentioned in the article and was a commentator on here and elsewhere on social media/other forums was nothing more than a big gob hiding behind a keyboard.
Nothing further than the truth -'fake news' in todays parlance.
Indeed, plenty have said I was one of the gobby ones, which I admit, I didnt get contacted at all. Who said the comment re keyboard warriors then?
Donnie.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

I would have loved to have been surveyed.

It's akin to asking children on Christmas Eve what they think of Santa Claus.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Is the LCGB name registered with the IPO? and if so when was this done? And if it was why wasn't the BLOA registered at the same time.

I'm an LCGB member, this is a genuine question.
timexit17

No trademarks have been registered for Lambretta Club Great Britain.
No Lambretta Club has attempted to trademark the name before GF and his claim on BLOA.

To be fair, why should the LCGB or any scooter club be forced to pay for a trademark in the first place?
I can see why a business has to protect their rights in this way but a club for crying out loud?
I cannot see any application originally for BLOA or any other Lambretta club on the IPO website either.

Clearly no one THAT unscrupulous has appeared previously.

Donnie: The article writer in scootering made the comment 'keyboard warriors' in relation to 15 persons who he then claimed had been vociferous/active on forums/social media who then declined to identify themselves and come forward, this is Dan Clare the editor unless anyone else wants to own up to it.
timexit17

or Vespa Club for that matter!

There are 2 marks registered Vespa Club & Vespa World Club neither are by the VCB by the way either!

You can check trademarks here;
https://www.gov.uk/search-for-trademark
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information