Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:52 pm That's it Bolzenaker, I've changed the name and MK image. It's all gone into trust to never be used again for all parties. as requested. I've informed all and clarified a few points. But that's it, end of story from me anyway. As I said it doesn't matter what gets said or done there will always be someone to moan about it. Bonjour..🤘🌹🌹🕺
We'll see.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

I'm a betting man, what have you got as a wager?
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Good answer, but as a son of a man who made some of his living out of people betting, you can imagine, I'm not a betting man.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

See, everybody can get on if they want too. :-)
Gavin J Frankland

That's a good idea
Nic

I really am sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel I have to point out one or two small and inconvenient problems with some of the hopeful comments I've read, including those from Gavin Frankland himself:

1) Changing your name from BLOA to BLOA Club is not a sign of compromise or willingness to engage in dialogue.

2) Stating that that BLOA imagery has "all gone into trust to never be used again for all parties" is delusional. These are images and designs where the copyright of use was assigned by Mike Karslake to the LCGB. The LCGB has the right to their use and will continue doing so.

3) There is no reference by Gavin Frankland to immediately halting the sale, on eBay or on his Facebook page, of BLOA-related imagery virtually identical in style to the designs created by Mike Karsklake, including material promoting the forthcoming rally in Sywell.

If Gavin Frankland were seriously interested in compromise, he could:

* Pick up a phone and make direct contact with a member of the LCGB committee, not any proxies chosen by him. This should happen immediately.

* Acknowledge publicly that the use of all BLOA imagery and designs copyrighted by Mike Karslake and assigned to the LCGB are for the sole use of the LCGB and those whom it designates as potential users of the same. To state that this imagery will "never be used again by both parties" is not a serious approach to resolving the issue.

* Agree that he will not make future use of any BLOA imagery and designs, as stated above, and give a written undertaking to that effect.

* Immediately dispose of all remaining merchandise he has which carries any BLOA imagery and designs, as copyrighted by Mike Karslake and assigned by Mike to the LCGB or using the same typefaces and fonts, many of which were created by him anyway. The simplest way for him would be for him to sell it all - at cost - to the LCGB which can then make a decision as to what should be done with it, in consultation with its members.

* As a gesture of good faith and to avoid confusion between BLOA, which is part of the LCGB's history and tradition, and any organisation he wishes to operate, he could he state his willingness to amend its name to something totally different. Renaming your organisation BLOAC, or using similar permutations of words that continue to contribute to this confusion, is not evidence of good faith in this regard.

* Abandon the suggestion, which is completely unacceptable to the LCGB anyway, of a place on our Club committee. The two organisations, his and the LCGB, are two totally distinct and independent entities. Each would be engaging in its own activities, with scooterists choosing to attend whatever events are organised or supported by either Club.

Again, I'm sorry to have to say this, but the evidence suggests that in the past few months Gavin Frankland has not always acted in a way that is consistent with the spirit of compromise he claims to be displaying today.

If he wants to show this has changed, he knows what to do. It's time to stop being slippery and start being serious.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Nic wrote:I really am sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel I have to point out one or two small and inconvenient problems with some of the hopeful comments I've read, including those from Gavin Frankland himself:

1) Changing your name from BLOA to BLOA Club is not a sign of compromise or willingness to engage in dialogue.

2) Stating that that BLOA imagery has "all gone into trust to never be used again for all parties" is delusional. These are images and designs where the copyright of use was assigned by Mike Karslake to the LCGB. The LCGB has the right to their use and will continue doing so.

3) There is no reference by Gavin Frankland to immediately halting the sale, on eBay or on his Facebook page, of BLOA-related imagery virtually identical in style to the designs created by Mike Karsklake, including material promoting the forthcoming rally in Sywell.

If Gavin Frankland were seriously interested in compromise, he could:

* Pick up a phone and make direct contact with a member of the LCGB committee, not any proxies chosen by him. This should happen immediately.

* Acknowledge publicly that the use of all BLOA imagery and designs copyrighted by Mike Karslake and assigned to the LCGB are for the sole use of the LCGB and those whom it designates as potential users of the same. To state that this imagery will "never be used again by both parties" is not a serious approach to resolving the issue.

* Agree that he will not make future use of any BLOA imagery and designs, as stated above, and give a written undertaking to that effect.

* Immediately dispose of all remaining merchandise he has which carries any BLOA imagery and designs, as copyrighted by Mike Karslake and assigned by Mike to the LCGB or using the same typefaces and fonts, many of which were created by him anyway. The simplest way for him would be for him to sell it all - at cost - to the LCGB which can then make a decision as to what should be done with it, in consultation with its members.

* As a gesture of good faith and to avoid confusion between BLOA, which is part of the LCGB's history and tradition, and any organisation he wishes to operate, he could he state his willingness to amend its name to something totally different. Renaming your organisation BLOAC, or using similar permutations of words that continue to contribute to this confusion, is not evidence of good faith in this regard.

* Abandon the suggestion, which is completely unacceptable to the LCGB anyway, of a place on our Club committee. The two organisations, his and the LCGB, are two totally distinct and independent entities. Each would be engaging in its own activities, with scooterists choosing to attend whatever events are organised or supported by either Club.

Again, I'm sorry to have to say this, but the evidence suggests that in the past few months Gavin Frankland has not always acted in a way that is consistent with the spirit of compromise he claims to be displaying today.

If he wants to show this has changed, he knows what to do. It's time to stop being slippery and start being serious.
Do you get through many keyboards? Or do you just touch type once the letters on the keys have worn off?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Is that supposed to be helpful Dan?

Every time serious questions have been asked (of those who are in a position to answer them) they've been either ignored repeatedly or swallowed up in inane comments or 'whataboutery'.

Is it any wonder threads such as this have reached enormous sizes?
On that subject though: credit where it's due -scootererotica have provided a platform for those views to be aired by both sides which is not something that was available elsewhere, so hats off for that provision.
Gavin J Frankland

Nic, Do you think i will listen to someone who disrespects members of a club calling them vegetables? And then waste my time reading through that lot? No. I haven't disrespected you or anyone from the LCGB.
As mentioned earlier by yourself I think, the letter dated 2nd August 1983 to Kev, designs are not used to our detriment, financially or otherwise. So Kev will have my copyright to carry out these wishes, as you keep saying. That will stop any bloa items for sale. Until 2021 I own the copyright. After that I will not be renewing it.
Nic

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Nic wrote:I really am sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel I have to point out one or two small and inconvenient problems with some of the hopeful comments I've read, including those from Gavin Frankland himself:
Do you get through many keyboards? Or do you just touch type once the letters on the keys have worn off?
Was there something particularly offensive or shouty in what I said there Dan? If so, I really do apologise.

Just setting out what I felt are some of the potential stumbling blocks in Gavin Frankland's newly-professed spirit of compromise - as well as areas that he might, entirely IMO, wish to address if he hopes to achieve an understanding with the LCGB.

I've been both a scribe for many years and also a union negotiator, in public sector unions and in the NUJ. I learned always to clarify everything first, lest there be a "misunderstanding" further down the line. And never to accept at face value what someone promised me until it was signed and sealed.

And in answer to your direct question, I have a spare keyboard standing by should this one fail on me. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information