Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Number 1 did come the committee, which I did offer but with also a substitute number 2. Both was rejected including there offer. (1) makes no sense.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Thanks for clarifying Gavin.
Perhaps the committe also read it as both? In which case it isn't suprising it's been rejected in my view.
I'm sure someone will clarify what issue they have with suggestion 1 if you make this clear however, I'd be interested to hear it.
Just perhaps - maybe the offer to buy merchandise with the offending logos was in fact a sticking point? What one committee member may be agreeable to isn't a guarantee they'll agree with it after all.

That new image is from the 1980s as far as I know, it's a nice image however -originally designed by the LCI as far as I am aware?
If you have information saying it was an original 60's one then I accept that, it isn't one of the images gifted by MK to the LCGB so that's the main thing.

Anyhow - It doesn't bother me, nor does the association/club grammatical issue as most people in the UK have little or no issue with grammar anyway.
My old Greek tutor used to say how am I supposed to teach Greek grammar when most of you under 60 don't even known your own languages? She had a point really.
Gavin J Frankland

You could be right, I have some original badges with the club on and a few variations. I'll have to go hunting and see what I have.
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

I'm getting confused here so Gavin, would you mind clarifying for me:
1) You said 'Here's a few ideas that I will forward' - was option 1 put to you by the LCGB committee or your suggestion to them?
2) You said 'my wording for the name change is on the design' - is your suggestion for the change in wording from British Lambretta Owners Association to British Lambretta Owners Association Club?
3) Is your change in artwork that from the shield to the roundel?

'NAME REMOVED has said that the LCGB will buy all of my merchandise if I change the name and walk away from BLOA.'

This I personally think is a generous offer from the LCGB and could quickly conclude this issue, but adding the word 'Club' to the end of BLOA is to my mind disingenuous. I'm not trying to start another debate but to understand what's going on.
Gavin J Frankland

Yes. Number 1 was from the LCGB or Martin weeks. I did really want there names out of it, but as it's getting confusing the security will add confusion. Number 2 yes that's the new wording. Number 3 there will be 2 different badges, the other will be on stationary and memorabilia, pennants etc. The one you would have seen is the Facebook, web site, cloth and do on.
To add club is trying to keep it as it was, but as a name change that was requested. Remembering we have many original members that didn't want to join the LCGB in 1965. So trying to keep all happy is a tall order.
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

OK - thanks for the clarification.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

It's just not enough Gavin. I'd like to see you abandon any previously used imagery and names and come up with new retro styled stuff. That way you wouldn't have to spend so much time defending your actions and we can all get on.
snappedstud
Main scooter: Series 2 Li150

Well Its a start & to be honest I wish it could get thrashed out in an hour by the relevant poeple sat in a room and we all bloody move on.

Actually talking to one another is a step forward and the only way this will get resolved sensibly is by dialogue. Its what grown adults do. Yes we are all passionate about one side or another - but its not about kidney machines (or rockets or guns for that matter) - but about logos and names.

I'm actually on the side of LCGB - however I have to say that some of the comments on both sides are not helping move this forward. Its just making people more entreneched and more determined to stick to their own positions out of bloody mindedness.

Communications have started - let them sort it out one way or another without the slanging match.
Gavin J Frankland

That's it Bolzenaker, I've changed the name and MK image. It's all gone into trust to never be used again for all parties. as requested. I've informed all and clarified a few points. But that's it, end of story from me anyway. As I said it doesn't matter what gets said or done there will always be someone to moan about it. Bonjour..🤘🌹🌹🕺
a.j

Why don't you just call it British Lambretta Owners Club & be done with it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information