Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Nic wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Nic wrote:I really am sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel I have to point out one or two small and inconvenient problems with some of the hopeful comments I've read, including those from Gavin Frankland himself:
Do you get through many keyboards? Or do you just touch type once the letters on the keys have worn off?
Was there something particularly offensive or shouty in what I said there Dan? If so, I really do apologise.

Just setting out what I felt are some of the potential stumbling blocks in Gavin Frankland's newly-professed spirit of compromise - as well as areas that he might, entirely IMO, wish to address if he hopes to achieve an understanding with the LCGB.

I've been both a scribe for many years and also a union negotiator, in public sector unions and in the NUJ. I learned always to clarify everything first, lest there be a "misunderstanding" further down the line. And never to accept at face value what someone promised me until it was signed and sealed.

And in answer to your direct question, I have a spare keyboard standing by should this one fail on me. ;)
Offensive or shouty? No.

Lengthy? Yes.

I’ve read a few of your posts, here and elsewhere. They are rarely...brief.

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

as long as they're relevant surely that's all that matters?
Perhaps it's the same as magazine articles -interested I'll read the lot and wonder why they didn't write more, not/barely interested I'll skim read and wonder why the editor allowed so many pages to be wasted.

If you're short of a keyboard Nic I have a Greek one somewhere :-)
Nic

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:36 pm Nic, Do you think i will listen to someone who disrespects members of a club calling them vegetables? And then waste my time reading through that lot? No. I haven't disrespected you or anyone from the LCGB.
As mentioned earlier by yourself I think, the letter dated 2nd August 1983 to Kev, designs are not used to our detriment, financially or otherwise. So Kev will have my copyright to carry out these wishes, as you keep saying. That will stop any bloa items for sale. Until 2021 I own the copyright. After that I will not be renewing it.
My comment was a direct reference to the well-known joke about Margaret Thatcher's cabinet members, whose opinion she reputedly had no respect for.

In much the same way as you announced that "I have decided to change the name of the club" without any reference whatsoever to the committee, or members of the "BLOAC", whom one imagines might wish to be consulted about the name change. As well as all the other stuff you appear to be deciding off your own bat.

You may not wish to read what I say, which is fine. Although I note that you read some of it, which is good too.

But you should be aware that if you were to refuse to speak officially to the LCGB because of something that a rank-and-file member of the Club has said about you unofficially, people might start to wonder about your commitment to compromise.

I'm sure you have at least one LCGB committee member's number on your phone. You should dial it.
Nic

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:41 pm
Nic wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Do you get through many keyboards? Or do you just touch type once the letters on the keys have worn off?
Was there something particularly offensive or shouty in what I said there Dan? If so, I really do apologise.

Just setting out what I felt are some of the potential stumbling blocks in Gavin Frankland's newly-professed spirit of compromise - as well as areas that he might, entirely IMO, wish to address if he hopes to achieve an understanding with the LCGB.

I've been both a scribe for many years and also a union negotiator, in public sector unions and in the NUJ. I learned always to clarify everything first, lest there be a "misunderstanding" further down the line. And never to accept at face value what someone promised me until it was signed and sealed.

And in answer to your direct question, I have a spare keyboard standing by should this one fail on me. ;)
Offensive or shouty? No.

Lengthy? Yes.

I’ve read a few of your posts, here and elsewhere. They are rarely...brief.

Thanks for that Dan. It's much appreciated.

Which specific points do you think I should not have mentioned?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Nic wrote:Which specific points do you think I should not have mentioned?

The long ones...

;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Whats a pea do apart from get mushy !!
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Whats a pea do apart from get mushy !!

(apologies couldnt add the rest )

English is a great language lets not muller it

how do you know what nic keeps on his walls ??

Why, OH Why go off topic to try and muddy the waters and provoke a moral panic

theres quite a few of us on here who would like to engage with you on the issue at hand which is made very difficult when a tit for tat slanging match starts.

im sure any of the people on the Facebook BLOA page could come up with something a tad more original than adding club i mean why would the LCGB pay for merchandise with a name on it only for the exact same name plus club to reappear hydra like immediately after for their part thats throwing good money after bad and makes no logical sense
Architecten
Main scooter: Allwyn Pushpak GP125 (RT200)

Scootering's version of Brexit...
eden
Dealer

What I would like to know is why is a person not on the LCGB committee doing the negotiations for LCGB?
Surely this situation leaves any negotiations open to being denied as official communication by the LCGB.

Odd way to go about negotiating something the LCGB say they are passionate about.

If I was Gavin I would insist I spoke to someone with an official position on the committee rather than someone the committee can later say had no official capacity to negotiate on their behalf.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Perhaps some form of external mediation would help? I think ACAS is for employment disputes only, but there are other services out there.

Forums are like email, it's not a good medium to hold an argument; they'll run for ever more and no one will win.

To my mind the interested parties need to discuss the face to face (with mediators if needed).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information