Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
eden
Dealer

Oh and just as a side note.... the trigger that escalated into the bull s**t that got me banned started over a post I made on the LCGB forum bumping a topic which was started by someone else asking how he could get a copy of the constitution.
All I asked was that as 6 months had passed with no answer, if there was any update on the constitutions availability.
I found out later that the guy who started the topic only wanted to read the constitution because he was thinking if raising a proposal at the AGM which asked for consideration of a family membership, e.g. adding a spouse. And only because he thought it was silly having two jetset mags sent to the same household.
There was nothing derogatory and no intent of stiring anything up. The committee just got paranoid as to why he wanted to read it, this attitude prompted me and others to dig deeper to try to find out why the cloak and dagger responses.
The rest is history.
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

eden wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:51 am I just took a photo of the terms within the constitution to upload to show you guys as I'm sure you don't believe me. However on reading it again I notice that the terms regarding sharing it's contents also applies to the terms on the grounds of copyright.
Due to this I won't be uploading it as I'm sure the LCGB wouldn't hesitate to waste some more of the members money on taking action against me for breaking those terms.

Why on earth do they feel their constitution should be kept under lock and key? Many organisations display their constitution publicly, some people may not want to join an organisation until they knew what the constitution consists of.

Any of the LCGB supporters here fancy explaining why they don't want it easy for people to see?
Dragging the topic off into other areas about LCGB that you clearly have a problem with. Why don’t you start your own thread on the subject of the constitution and committee as that’s clearly where your problem lies. Or bite the bullet and rejoin LCGB then you can try and start the process for an EGM.
It’s clear Eden you don’t want to do too much damage by posting the constitution rules as you clearly want a way back into LCGB, blimey it’s not a top secret government document !
Meanwhile GF still ducks and dives the straight questions put to him. Let’s get back to the matter in hand or Dan may as well lock this as well!
eden
Dealer

The constitution came up here with relevance... Regarding the members calling for an EGM. Not off topic at all.
eden
Dealer

Anyone who wants a copy of it should just email a committee member and ask them to send it to you. They have to send it if your a current member.
Their email details are on their website.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

eden wrote: However on reading it again I notice that the terms regarding sharing it's contents also applies to the terms on the grounds of copyright.
Due to this I won't be uploading it as I'm sure the LCGB wouldn't hesitate to waste some more of the members money on taking action against me for breaking those terms.
1) That sounds a bit paranoid and highly unlikely. What would legal action achieve? Lol. In the BLOA case they are seeking to gain ownership the BLOA trademark and to make GF cease and desist.

2) I have no idea if Copyright law can be applied to a clubs constitution...isn’t it owned by the club members? Therefore can’t club members post it publicly if they wish? I’d be interested to know. I’d imagine, at worst, they’d get reprimanded/banned by the committee for breaching club rules, but not subject to legal action.

3) You are probably closer to the truth when you state, most people don’t care. - I don’t mean that in a negative way, just that most people aren’t that interested and have other stuff to be getting on with - I think?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Hatrick !!! 3 bits of info ive now learned that i didnt know anything about i wondered about the spouse / partner issue myself. better than the discovery channel !!.
yes someone did bring up the EGM issue but the thread is about the Name change of MR Frankland BLOA
so what do posters from all sides think a reasonable name for an alternative Lambretta based club would be then?
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 am
eden wrote: However on reading it again I notice that the terms regarding sharing it's contents also applies to the terms on the grounds of copyright.
1) That sounds a bit paranoid and highly unlikely. What would legal action achieve? Lol. In the BLOA case they are seeking to gain ownership the BLOA trademark and to make GF cease and desist.

2) I have no idea if Copyright law can be applied to a clubs constitution...isn’t it owned by the club members? Therefore can’t club members post it publicly if they wish? I’d be interested to know. I’d imagine, at worst, they’d get reprimanded/banned by the committee for breaching club rules, but not subject to legal action.

3) You are probably closer to the truth when you state, most people don’t care. - I don’t mean that in a negative way, just that most people aren’t that interested and have other stuff to be getting on with - I think?

Some useful guidance here im only a working class chap with an O Level english " C" grade so not a boffin it makes some things clear to me

https://www.gov.uk/intellectual-property-an-overview
eden
Dealer

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 am

You a LCGB member aren't you?
Email them and get a copy then you can post it up and see what they do in retaliation.

I'm not posting it up as I'm sure, paranoid or not, that they would love to f@@k me over some more.
eden
Dealer

wintermod65 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 am Hatrick !!! 3 bits of info ive now learned that i didnt know anything about i wondered about the spouse / partner issue myself. better than the discovery channel !!.
yes someone did bring up the EGM issue but the thread is about the Name change of MR Frankland BLOA
so what do posters from all sides think a reasonable name for an alternative Lambretta based club would be then?
It has a new name now doesn't it?
No doubt people still won't be happy though.

Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

A badge that is a pastiche at best and downright blatant plagiarism if we are honest, of the original BLOA badge design. Name change? First it was British Lambretta Owners Association Club, now just Club. Not an original though or idea and still ripping off blatantly the BLOA name and design. So no it’s not acceptable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information