Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 pm Getting silly now this is
On the up side though..... Only 36 weeks to go :)

........till your ban ends?.........😆
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:56 pm Yes, it is getting silly - questions asked in plain English perfectly reasonably ignored or answered without factual evidence - again & again.

Well, I'd suggest those who haven't made their minds up yet take note.

Again I've asked a perfectly reasonable question, again it hasn't been answered with any verifiable facts.

I'm not sure what I dislike the most- not being answered truthfully or people preferring to steer the conversation elsewhere rather than keeping the thread on topic.

Here's my copyright numbers......

UK9987654Havefunlookingforit

i dont think the likes of us lot will get any reasonable answers on here , i think ill just resort to saying stop lying as others have done .!! after each comment.
its either some warped gallows humour in the face of the potential consequences of this debacle or a campaign of misinformation to put people off the scent or maybe an exclusive deal has been struck with "hello" or some other equally fine publication
eden
Dealer

Timbo wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:13 pm
eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 pm Getting silly now this is
On the up side though..... Only 36 weeks to go :)

........till your ban ends?.........😆
My ban ended in March 2016. ;)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Ah I think wm(?) hit the nail on the head.
This is a private company who keep a copy of your claim to a copyright for £72.50 for 10 years.
70 quid for an a4 certificate? I'd have done it for half that and it'd be just as legally binding (i.e. not at all).

https://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copy ... gistration
Note their 1st statement.

'Although copyright is an automatic right of the author, if an unscrupulous third party infringes your work, proving your claim may be a difficult matter'.

How very ironic.
eden
Dealer

On a serious note....
No one can expect Gavin to give all sorts of information here while he has the threat of legal action over him. Doing so would be just plane stupid.
Everything will come out in the wash I'm sure but I'm sure we will ALL have to wait for it... unless that is your one of the privileged few who would have you believe they know everything.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

On a serious note.
I'm sure it will all come out in the end and I for one will enjoy reading it all.
No one can possibly expect Gavin to give ANY factual information, regardless of legal action.
eden
Dealer

That's just a slur. So I'll balance it out with... You can't expect the committee to ever give a straight answer to anything.
Although... in my experience with the committee my statement is true yet I've not had the pleasure of talking to Gavin so I have no idea if your statement is true or not.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I don't think you need to talk to Gavin to judge what sort of man he is. From his posts, and articles on the web, i think i've formed a fair impression of what he's about.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:23 pm On a serious note....
No one can expect Gavin to give all sorts of information here while he has the threat of legal action over him. Doing so would be just plane stupid.
Everything will come out in the wash I'm sure but I'm sure we will ALL have to wait for it... unless that is your one of the privileged few who would have you believe they know everything.
so why not just publish a statement to that affect just as LCGB did in jetset saying they had been advised to keep quiet so as not to give the other side ammunition.

instead it is mr frankland who has initiated the thread and come out with continued nonsense despite overwhelming informationto the contrary of most of his statements.

i think youre letting your beef with the LCGB committee cloud your judgement on this issue. mr frankland could have kept quiet or put some documented evidence into the public domain to back his position . if he had done either he might have got support and not derision.

i think if anyone hitches their trailer to his bandwagon theyre going to end up dissapointed or with egg on their face
eden
Dealer

Who's hitching a trailer?
The people hitching trailers seem to me to be the people encouraging LCGB to spend a load of the members money on solicitors.
That's the issue I have a problem with.
The rights or wrongs of Gavin are irrelevant. He seems to believe he has a good case.
No mater who wins the LCGB will be worse off finacially.
They dropped the ball and are responsible for what's going on to some degree. I think they should all step down and make a formal apology to the LCGB members for allowing the Lambretta family to deteriate to his level on their watch.
What Gavin does is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
I fully understand why the members have the hump with Gavin but I can't imagine why on earth they don't alao have the hump w8th the people who have lead LCGB into this sewer, namely the lcgb committee.

There are many more reasons this has come about orher than the accusation made by LCGB that Gavin wants to make a few quid. They are in denial.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information