Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Uk copyright. Registration number 284709798.
Gavin J Frankland

Expiry 30th November 2021.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

for those interested enough to read some facts rather than listen to conjecture or spurious nonsense

https://www.gov.uk/using-somebody-elses ... l-property
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 pm Uk copyright. Registration number 284709798.
Struggling finding the copyright on the Governments website.......is the number correct ?
wintermod65

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 pm Uk copyright. Registration number 284709798.
are you sure ?

"You get copyright protection automatically - you don’t have to apply or pay a fee. There isn’t a register of copyright works in the UK.

You automatically get copyright protection when you create:

original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic work, including illustration and photography
original non-literary written work, such as software, web content and databases
sound and music recordings
film and television recordings
broadcasts
the layout of published editions of written, dramatic and musical works
You can mark your work with the copyright symbol (©), your name and the year of creation. Whether you mark the work or not doesn’t affect the level of protection you have."

again fro the IPO site

il save you time ive looked on the Ipo registered designs and the trademarks and done a search on the gov.uk website
and that number doesnt come up at all if this is the tactic you are now resorting too its eroding any sympathy i had for your cause.
maybe you have taken legal advice but instead of following the LCGB who have headed the advice given to keep quiet you have taken to a campaign of disinformation.
wintermod65

mick1 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:51 pm
Struggling finding the copyright on the Governments website.......is the number correct ?
thats because as the IPO site states there isnt a register of copyright works in the UK.
Gavin J Frankland

Yes correct number, I'm sure if it was good enough for a multi billion pound worldwide company with hundreds of legal personnel it's good enough for the rest.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Many thanks Gavin.
Could we have a link to this registration please?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:11 pm I'm sure if it was good enough for a multi billion pound worldwide company with hundreds of legal personnel it's good enough for the rest.
What on earth are you talking about now?

Post a link and prove your point.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
wintermod65

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:11 pm Yes correct number, I'm sure if it was good enough for a multi billion pound worldwide company with hundreds of legal personnel it's good enough for the rest.
Can i just get this straight even though the government department responsible for intellectual property clearly states there is no register of copyright works and you dont need one you still maintain you have a registered number.
excuse me for being a bit incredulous but is this really what you expect people to be suckered by

are you sure youre not confusing any reference numbe,r customer number etc pertaining to the trademark apllication you made ?
i really do think you are just winding people up silly move if you expect to sell club services etc as im not impressed by your customer focus if all you do is hold them in contempt .

i think you do for clarity of thought what godzilla does for ball room dancing
and to think i actually suggested the LCGB show you bit of leniency im more persuaded they use shock and awe now
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information