Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 am Yes the name change was requested from the community. Yes I still own the copyright to bloa, but the image I'm giving that to Kev, again as requested.
Trademark I get as it only lasts for 10 years unless it is renewed, but Copyright last for 70 years after the owner's demise unless the owner signed it over to you....so confused as to how you can own the Copyright?
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Burnside wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:54 pm
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 am Yes the name change was requested from the community. Yes I still own the copyright to bloa, but the image I'm giving that to Kev, again as requested.
Trademark I get as it only lasts for 10 years unless it is renewed, but Copyright last for 70 years after the owner's demise unless the owner signed it over to you....so confused as to how you can own the Copyright?
im with you there !!is it me or does all the common sense on here originate in east anglia !, copyright and trademark are different entities your trademark application hs been objected to pending hearing .
you tried to trademark the lambretta lion logo .the status of your application is objected the difference is something like the "supertune " trademark which is 'registered' and therefore owned giving its owner certain rights under the law
LCGB have offered Evidendence into the public domain to back up their stance , a solicitor advised mike kerslake at the time regarding copyright of his BLOA imagery/ designs. as mike passed in 1991 theres still some way to go to hit the 70 year point.
can you offer into the debate any official documents to back up your stance
if not i suggest you retract your statements of ownership
telling people to shut up is not only rude but playground bully tactics frankly i would have expected better it really does nothing to forward the debate and diminishes the validity of the poibt you are making.
i dont think its inconceivable that nic is still in touch with either committee members or those close to them given the amount of time he ws involved with the commitee i still know and speak to people in the norwich area from other clubs that were about 30 years on from when we used to bump into each other at rallies or played 30 a side footy over one of the local parks.
there are 2 issues of jetset which outline the LCGB's stance and actions , its clear from that they are waiting for due process to take place and once it does take place pending the result further action is likely to follow based around the advice they receive to deny it is like king canute trying to turn back the tide somebody is going to get wet feet !!
The LCGB action is inkeeping with what it is entitled to do under due process it has a mandate from it membership to spend money which is receoverable theough legala costs if win and the retention of rights to sell BLOA merchandise using the names and logos associated with its past
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Just to clarify the queries as clearly someones getting bit confused here:

''Gavin J Frankland wrote: ↑Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:19 am
My copyright runs out in 2022 I think, that is when legally I can walk away from it. ''

a) Can we confirm that you don't mean copyright Gavin, as you haven't got a copyright.
A copyright is for imagery or an artistic work etc like a book.
You have an application for registration of trademark.

b) Can we therefore confirm the trademark is the thing that 'expires in 2022'?

In which case it may expire in 2022 but you can 'legally' walk away from it anytime you want to fill in the form Donnie has mentioned.
wintermod65

aplogies for the typos you cant seem to edit them out my tablet key pad makes things jump around like micheal flatelty with chilli powder in his pants !! if anyone needs a translation am happy to oblige unless told to shut up !!
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:55 pm Your explanation about weeks just proved to many that denied it happened that it did.. my point stands in regard to that... he should have been banned from the club not just lost his public position on the committee.
Attacking people is a lot worse than damaging property or having an alteria opinion.
So Weeks is the fighting in the bogs man.....why aren’t I surprised.......🙄
timexit17

No offence guys but could you start a '10 things I don't like about the LCGB committee/people in the LCGB/Other people in scootering' thread instead of taking this off topic?
I've already had a pertinent reasonable query ignored for umpteen pages previously -and still unanswered so I'm sure you'll appreciate my new pair of queries I (and I am sure many reading this thread) need answering.
eden
Dealer

Nic wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 pm
eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:55 pm Nic your last post aimed at me is laughably.
I'm not getting aggressive in any way.
Your explanation about weeks just proved to many that denied it happened that it did.. my point stands in regard to that... he should have been banned from the club not just lost his public position on the committee.
Attacking people is a lot worse than damaging property or having an alteria opinion.
But you won't agree with that obviously.
You haven't replied to my post.
Where have I been question?

Thailand until last week. Why do you want to know that?
timexit17

The question (as well you know) was: is there something I said about the potential legal dangers and consequences of "passing off" that you would like to pick me up on?

No need to thank me.
timexit17

Please don't attempt to derail the thread (again) when Gavin is asked fair questions otherwise some observers might wonder why these questions are being deliberately unanswered and diverted away from.

I'm sure Dan has plenty of space if you want to start an argument off topic elsewhere.

GAVIN:
a) Can we confirm that you don't mean copyright Gavin, as you haven't got a copyright.

wintermod65

timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:43 pm Please don't attempt to derail the thread (again) when Gavin is asked fair questions otherwise some observers might wonder why these questions are being deliberately unanswered and diverted away from.

I'm sure Dan has plenty of space if you want to start an argument off topic elsewhere.

GAVIN:

well said that man !

Copyright is a private right. Decisions about how to enforce your right, ie what to do when someone uses your copyright work without your permission, are for you to take.

Infringement is where someone uses the whole or a substantial part of your work without your permission and none of the exceptions to copyright apply.

Using someone’s trade mark, patent, copyright or design without their permission is known as ‘IP infringement’ and could lead to a fine, prison or both

the above is from the IPO website

i thinks its fairly crystal !
if mr frankland comes up with something of his own design he has copyright if as one can argue the bloc logo borrows substantially from the MK BLOA logo i think paragragh 2 covers that one

for those that have blind faith based only on a persons say so without one piece of evidence to back it up you might want to think again before the brown smelly stuff hits the rotary cooling device .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information