Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
eden
Dealer

Nic wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:19 am
eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:29 am
Nic wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:00 am
You are free to interpret things as you see fit.

As I see it, I'm offering my opinion in a bid to avoid all this pain, in the direct knowledge of what is sometimes involved.

But for the record, I have no input whatsoever into any decisions by the LCGB committee or the legal advice it receives. I have not offered any and it has not been sought, verbally.orminwriting

It might be helpful if, instead of having a go at me, you focus on the issues.
Im not having a go at you, im just pointing out how your statements can be interpreted. More than once you have used the words "we" and "us" and stated how you have been involved in advising the committee, yet now your saying you haven't. LOL
You saying your trying to "avoid all this pain" is laughable considering the personal attacks you have thrown around over the last few weeks, one of which on an old long standing friend of yours.

Still, its not surprising as its what i expect from someone with a wishy washy character like yours.

Maybe if you STFU chatting s**t things could move on :)
I've made it clear that on the issue of copyright my primary argument was always the moral one. That remains the case. The vast majority of my posts, on here or on FB, supports this.

The evidence also suggests that you choose to interpret things in a way that suits your narrative, regardless of what I say.

It doesn't work.

On-topic: I have not been asked for or given any advice to the LCGB on this issue or any other issue. I do support the LCGB and its committee and believe it will make the right choices on respect of the BLOA legal claim.

On-topic: although I stress that I'm not a lawyer, based on direct experience I believe there may be issues for GF and his organisation related to the common law tort of "passing off".

You are, of course, free to dismiss my comments as wrong or biased. If so, you might want to tell us why. But telling me to STFU is unlikely to be seen as a helpful contribution to the debate.

Don't stfu then... at last now everyone knows your posts are not in anyway official which is how you had been allowing them to be believed to be.
However you do seem to be privy to "facts" that "normal members are not privy to. Such as the conversations last week which you then lead "normal" members to believe had been carried out by "senior" LCGB members, whatever they may be, in a cinical attempt to sway opinions.

Members need info from the committee not from self appointed crazies who allow others to think they are speaking on behalf of the committee.
There are enough committee members that are both members of this forum and reading the posts yet they choose to allow people like you Nic to speak for them rather than speaking up their selves.

And as far as people trying to shut down the conversation.... the only person who has done that is Toot either on behalf if the committee or off his own back by demanding the other topic was locked down.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

No one said anything about trying to shut down the conversation - just certain persons contribution to it.
That isn't helpful.

As for 'facts' even when certain parties (who should genuinely be able to know the facts) claim things as factual they are later found out not to be so I'd suggest anyone reading this take every opinion (even if from a bodies official) with a pinch of salt until they see proof positive the statement is either factual or opinion.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Servetakid, Anything that gets handed over will be to Kev Walsh. In my eyes he is the one that should have it and that I personally know. I don't know any of the others.
Nic

Timbo wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 am
timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:13 am Bit of a difference telling someone to STFU rather than just moderating/restraining their replies.
Some might see that as trying to shut the argument down?
Fair point Tim, i’m not trying to shut the argument down but just trying to stop someone adding fuel to the fire with lies and snidey comments.
The fire was lit when GF appropriated something that the LCGB considers to be part of its history.

As for who stoked the flames, I'd refer you to the many incendiary and personally abusive posts from various sockpuppet accounts about the LCGB committee in January, long before I got involved in the debate. These are people who have chosen not to respond to ANY of the slurs against them, btw. Which makes the attacks against them even more cowardly.

Last night, a comment on here implied that the money so far identified as having been spent by the LCGB on legal advice had actually gone on a £7,000 kitchen for an unnamed committee member. A joke, obviously. But maybe not perceived as much of one by people who have been advised to say nothing publicly.

Either way, we are where we are. The issues that present themselves now are: who has the copyright to the BLOA name and imagery?

And is GF correct in his view that by making very minor adjustments to the name and logo of his organisation he will be able to avoid a legal claim against him of "passing off"?

Personally, I have my doubts. I could be wrong. If so, I'd like to be told why instead of being accused of "telling lies".
Nic

eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:41 am
Nic wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:19 am
eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:29 am

Im not having a go at you, im just pointing out how your statements can be interpreted. More than once you have used the words "we" and "us" and stated how you have been involved in advising the committee, yet now your saying you haven't. LOL
You saying your trying to "avoid all this pain" is laughable considering the personal attacks you have thrown around over the last few weeks, one of which on an old long standing friend of yours.

Still, its not surprising as its what i expect from someone with a wishy washy character like yours.

Maybe if you STFU chatting s**t things could move on :)
I've made it clear that on the issue of copyright my primary argument was always the moral one. That remains the case. The vast majority of my posts, on here or on FB, supports this.

The evidence also suggests that you choose to interpret things in a way that suits your narrative, regardless of what I say.

It doesn't work.

On-topic: I have not been asked for or given any advice to the LCGB on this issue or any other issue. I do support the LCGB and its committee and believe it will make the right choices on respect of the BLOA legal claim.

On-topic: although I stress that I'm not a lawyer, based on direct experience I believe there may be issues for GF and his organisation related to the common law tort of "passing off".

You are, of course, free to dismiss my comments as wrong or biased. If so, you might want to tell us why. But telling me to STFU is unlikely to be seen as a helpful contribution to the debate.

Don't stfu then... at last now everyone knows your posts are not in anyway official which is how you had been allowing them to be believed to be.
However you do seem to be privy to "facts" that "normal members are not privy to. Such as the conversations last week which you then lead "normal" members to believe had been carried out by "senior" LCGB members, whatever they may be, in a cinical attempt to sway opinions.

Members need info from the committee not from self appointed crazies who allow others to think they are speaking on behalf of the committee.
There are enough committee members that are both members of this forum and reading the posts yet they choose to allow people like you Nic to speak for them rather than speaking up their selves.

And as far as people trying to shut down the conversation.... the only person who has done that is Toot either on behalf if the committee or off his own back by demanding the other topic was locked down.
Where have you been? I've always made it clear my comments are my own. Repeatedly. Endlessly. You just catching up?

As for your reference to the conversation, you only got the hump because, after you and GF tried to stick the knife into Martin Weeks (again) I reported - totally accurately - the background to what had been happening.

With regard to the committee, you have known for months that they are making no public statements. They will speak when they feel it is appropriate, I'm sure.

What I'm noticing is that the more you feel the argument is going against you, the more you thrash about, get abusive or try to change the subject. It really is a bad habit.

Back on-topic: is there something I said about the potential legal dangers and consequences of "passing off" that you would like to pick me up on?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 am Yes the name change was requested from the community. Yes I still own the copyright to bloa,........
You keep saying this, what EXACTLY do you own the copyright to?
Donnie.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:19 am Severtakid, I'm not retaining the name for anything. But I can't just get rid of it. My copyright runs out in 2022 I think, that is when legally I can walk away from it.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... gistration
Donnie.
eden
Dealer

Nic your last post aimed at me is laughably.
I'm not getting aggressive in any way.
Your explanation about weeks just proved to many that denied it happened that it did.. my point stands in regard to that... he should have been banned from the club not just lost his public position on the committee.
Attacking people is a lot worse than damaging property or having an alteria opinion.
But you won't agree with that obviously.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Donnie, you fail to amuse me. The form is for trademark not a copyright. We never had an apology from you about Sywell. Come on, man up.
Nic

eden wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:55 pm Nic your last post aimed at me is laughably.
I'm not getting aggressive in any way.
Your explanation about weeks just proved to many that denied it happened that it did.. my point stands in regard to that... he should have been banned from the club not just lost his public position on the committee.
Attacking people is a lot worse than damaging property or having an alteria opinion.
But you won't agree with that obviously.
You haven't replied to my post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information