Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

wintermod65 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:43 am

i think mr frankland is just trying to bait you nic to curry favour with the coalition of the dissaffected who joined his site to stick it to the LCGB .
I think your way off the mark here, maybe one or two (not me) but the majority have joined what they hope will be a club offering something a bit different without all the politics and bolloxs (not a great start 🙄) that many clubs have.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Trademark route, this is a national club. It will create a revenue and will need to be declared as taxable. All sells will go through the club. There will be a club shop which will sell all types of memorabilia and tested quality parts. The same as what the Messerschmitt owners club does. You need to run as a business if you are collecting funds. Do others follow this? I don't know. But we will.
Nic

Ok GF. Have it your way. Some time, I'll happily share with you my experience as an expert witness in a legal dispute in 2000-2001 over "passing off", between two financial companies called 3i and iii.

The many thousands of pages, which include testimony from graphic design experts, legal opinion, focus group testing to determine the potential for confusion between visitors to each other's websites, and much much more, were all stored in my garage and survived our house fire.

I was involved in that case for over a year. I saw every submission, read the legal arguments and wrote the rebuttals. And yes, I was on the winning side.

But you do what you think best, chap.
Gavin J Frankland

Will do, thanks.🇬🇧
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

Straight question Gavin, you have changed the name to keep 'harmony' within the Lambretta scene which is a positive move.

However, I am still seeing comments that you will 'not back down' and that you own BLOA 'legally'.

Surely all there is to do is to drop the Trademark application and then we can all move on. Why change the name but continue to claim BLOA?

I cannot see it being acceptable that an individual opperating another club can have the rights to something the LCGB rightly sees as an integral part of their history. Seems the ball is in your court to bring an end to this debacle by just dropping your trademark claim.
eden
Dealer

Nic wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:31 am Ok GF. Have it your way. Some time, I'll happily share with you my experience as an expert witness in a legal dispute in 2000-2001 over "passing off", between two financial companies called 3i and iii.

The many thousands of pages, which include testimony from graphic design experts, legal opinion, focus group testing to determine the potential for confusion between visitors to each other's websites, and much much more, were all stored in my garage and survived our house fire.

I was involved in that case for over a year. I saw every submission, read the legal arguments and wrote the rebuttals. And yes, I was on the winning side.

But you do what you think best, chap.

Can we all read into this that if the LCGB loose and in doing so also loose much of the MEMBERS money that you would have been instrumental in pushing them ahead to pursue the case?
I for one will hold you partly responsible for sure!
Gavin J Frankland

Yes the name change was requested from the community. Yes I still own the copyright to bloa, but the image I'm giving that to Kev, again as requested. The trademark Issue im working on.
I will still sell the felt pennants and the Euro banner, nothing to do with bloc, just as a enthusiast.
As for backing down, I was never in a fight. Nothing has happened to me, reguardless of what folk say.
Main problem is, the LCGB own nothing, never have. The LCGB name, LPS name, BLOA name or even the word lambretta. Which is amazing when they think they can take companies like lambretta licensing on a legal fight. You ain't going to win. If I was them I would start to take control of this rather than wasting £30k or so of members money.
coaster

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:10 am............................... It doesn't matter if you think about morals as from an outsider no one gives a s**t about it.
Shameful, but thanks for giving us an insight as to your character :shock:
Gavin J Frankland

What are you talking about, go around work morning morning and ask you work mates what they think about LCGB, bloc, vcgb...etc etc. How many will give a f@@k??? I rest my case.
Gavin J Frankland

If that's the best you say coaster you are better off in bed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information