Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I'll take it mushrooms is banter rather than being some sort of insult to nearly 6,000 people though.
eden
Dealer

timexit17 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 pm I'll take it mushrooms is banter rather than being some sort of insult to nearly 6,000 people though.
Mushrooms not meant derogatory at all, it just fits for people who are fed s**t and kept in the dark.
nastro azzurro

timexit17 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:50 pm Perhaps those members are perfectly happy with the way the club is being run? You should consider that too.
If it's a choice of a democratically elected committee where I know at least a few of them personally and have ridden with the rest or someone I don't know from Adam then I'll stick with the LCGB thanks.
I’ve read in all this about some (LCGB) members thinking the LCGB is elitist and a clique.
With the above comment you’ve made you’ve just about confirmed the point they’re making.
timexit17

You'll understand if that isn't my impression of the LCGB.
Most members I know think £20 a year for the largest Lambretta club in the world is superb VFM, still the more you put in the more you get out.
timexit17

[/quote]
I’ve read in all this about some (LCGB) members thinking the LCGB is elitist and a clique.
With the above comment you’ve made you’ve just about confirmed the point they’re making.
[/quote]
Que?
eden
Dealer

timexit17 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:05 pm You'll understand if that isn't my impression of the LCGB.
Most members I know think £20 a year for the largest Lambretta club in the world is superb VFM, still the more you put in the more you get out.
True if your not interested who is speaking on your behalf. If you are interested in that then I don't understand :(

Watch how much you put in though as if it's deemed to much you may get thrown out. :(
timexit17

Eden you know full well the more you go on LCGB rallies/nationals the more of the committee and regular riders you meet.
That doesn't make my comment elitist or the LCGB as an elitist organisation, that isn't my impression whatsoever.
If others want to use 'the LCGB is an elite argument ' because they don't go to rallies or put anything in then that is their opinion.
eden
Dealer

The elites aren't amount the general members. Maybe slightly in the way it's always the same general group in attendance and yes the vast majority are good people.
I don't think people have a problem in that sense. There are two distinct parts to LCGB... It's members and it's committee.
Nic

eden wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 pm
timexit17 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 pm I'll take it mushrooms is banter rather than being some sort of insult to nearly 6,000 people though.
Mushrooms not meant derogatory at all, it just fits for people who are fed s**t and kept in the dark.
Like the BLOAC committee and its members, who are consulted on an hourly basis by GF about his name changes for their organisation.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information